Dining Room Updates (New Table)

After getting new counter tops in our kitchen, I started thinking of getting a new table. 
I brought it up to my hubby and he kinda brushed it off, since I had no valid reason to sell it. "I am tired of it" and " I need a change" are not really valid points in our household. But we decided if I can sell it on craigslist, then I can get a new table. Well I listed the table, got a few low ball offers so I kinda gave up. Then one day I listed some side tables for sale and hit the renew button for the table, a few hours later, I sold the table for the asking price! I guess it was just the right time. 

My hubby was so amazing and helpful. He helped the buyer take the table and chairs apart and went to IKEA to pick up the table I wanted with my little wad of cash I have been collecting and from the table we sold. 

And this is the result, TA DA!!




Before:




I really love how bright it is! What do you think?


10 comments:

  1. I love it! What's the name of the table at ikea? I'm in the market for a new dining table and this is a definite possibility!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Here is the link to the table. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70221423/

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful difference! I really love your sense of style (decorating and fashion).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new table and chairs are beautiful! Everything is so much lighter and brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white! I've been thinking of painting my pine table black, but now maybe I want white. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice result indeed! i love the new colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realize that this is a very old post, but could you tell me how your table and chairs have held up over the past couple years? I'm considering buying the same set. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have lasted surprisingly well. Considering my two year old would bang his spoon and fork on it all the time. There are a few dings on it, but nothing horribly noticeable.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for replying! I have a two year old as well. I'm glad it can stand up to the toddler years! :)

      Delete