I came up with this recipe by accident a few months back, I had some chicken tenders and wasn't sure what to do with them, so this is what I came up with... It was so good that since I have made it atleast a handful of time. I absolutely love these chicken tenders, they are so tender and the creamy garlic sauce is amazing.
You have a choice to make this in a casserole dish or finish it in the skillet. I prefer the casserole dish because I can prep the chicken ahead of time and clean up the the kitchen before the hustle of dinner time. Then I just stick the casserole dish into the oven 30 minutes before dinner.
Print recipe HERE
1 lb chicken tenders
4 TB olive oil
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 cup of heavy cream
basil, oregano, thyme
1. Rinse and trim chicken tenders.
2. Leave the chicken tenders on the cutting board and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Rub in the seasoning on both sides.
3. Heat a large non stick skillet on medium heat, add about 4 TB of olive oil olive oil.
4. Add the chicken tenders and sauté approximately 5 minutes on each side- until they are golden brown.
5. Remove the chicken and place into a casserole dish. (or a plate if you want to finish your chicken in the skillet)
6. Reduce the heat to low, and add the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add the heavy cream, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp of basil, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp of thyme and 1/4 tsp paprika. Bring to a simmer. (taste the sauce to make sure it is seasoned to your desire)
7. Pour the cream over the chicken in the casserole dish. (If you wish to finish the chicken in the skillet, place the tenders back in and simmer on low for about 25 minutes)
8. Preheat the oven to 350, add the casserole dish and roast for 25-35 minutes. The sauce will should be bubbly and slightly thickened.
I love serving this chicken with rice, particularly this trader joes mixed rice and my caramelized butternut squash.
Thanks for visiting,