I remember making this dish back at home before I got married (7 years ago)
Everyone loved it, and mom asked me to make it almost every Friday.
Now I make it for my family and we all love it!
1 lb of beef chopped into bite sized pieces
2 stalks of celery
1 large onion
4 garlic cloves
1 16 oz can of petite diced tomatoes
1 6oz can of tomato paste
1 sprig of rosemary
1 sprig of thyme
1/2 tsp of dried oregano
1. Wash, clean, peel the celery, carrot and onions. Finely chop everything. Mince the garlic.
2. Season the chopped meat with salt and pepper and saute in hot olive oil
3. When meat is browned, add diced vegetables, onions and garlic.
4. Saute for about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the tomato paste, and saute for another 5 minutes.
6. Add the can of diced tomatoes to the meat mixture. Add 2 cups of hot water, herbs salt and pepper taste.
7. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours. Stirring from time to time.
8. Bring salted water to a boil, and cook the pasta.
9. Drain the pasta in a strainer. Toss with olive oil and salt
10. When the sauce is done cooking, taste and adjust seasoning if needed (add cayenne pepper if you want) Serve on top of the spaghetti.
11. Add grated parmesan cheese if desired.