Rice Krispie Pumpkin Treats




    I bake cookies every Monday for my kidos to snack on after school, today I decided to do something a little different, I surprised them with these pumpkin rice krispie treats. Not only are these incredibly easy to make, but they are fun to eat. Definitely something your kids can help out with. 

    Ingredients:

    3 TB Butter
    6 Cups rice krispie cereal
    10 oz mini marshmallows
    Orange food coloring
    brown chocolate candies: I used mini peanut butter cups 
    green candies for leaf: I used skittles 

    Directions:

    -Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. 
    -Add marshmallows and store until melted.
    -Reduce the heat to low and put a few drops of food coloring into the melted marshmallows and stir until combined. 
    -Remove from heat and stir in the cereal and mix well.
    -Using slightly greased hands, shape into small sized balls. Place on a sheet lined with parchment paper. Add the candies on top. I melted each piece of the chocolate for a second or two on the side of the hot pot, that way, it stuck onto the pumpkin when it cooled. 


    Thanks for visiting, 



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment