Gluten Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


This mama has been busy experimenting with GF recipes. One thing on my list to perfect are chocolate chip cookies. I made a batch last week and they were so gritty, my son had one and asked me if he could please just the regular cookies. Poor guy, I don't blame him. 
Then a few days later, I tried another recipe and they were so hard and dense. 
This time, I decided to try my regular recipe, but make it with my favorite gluten free flour mix and some xanthan gum. Well my friends, I did it! I found the perfect recipe for gluten free cookies. They are soft, chewy and no grittiness!  
My son and daughter both loved these and agreed that they taste just like the regular cookies. 



This recipe makes 12 big cookies. 

Print recipe HERE





INGREDIENTS:


1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips


Directions:



1.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner and spray with oil.
2.
In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Sift in the dry ingredients  and mix until blended. Stir in the chocolate/butterscotch chips by on the lowest setting of your stand mixer or by hand with a wooden spoon.
Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
3.Bake for 11-13 minutes, in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.











SaveSave

0 comments:

Post a Comment