Apple Tart


I picked up the most amazing golden delicious apples from a local farm. I seriously can't get enough of them. I decided to try and create some sort of apple tart with them earlier this week, I flipped through a few recipes online, but they all had one or two ingredients that I didn't have on hand, so I decided to wing it. Well, amazingly it turned out so good, that we ate it up in less then 24 hours. My husband had 3 slices in a row! In fact he asked me when I can make it again :) Don't you just love it when your family loves something you make? Well I made the tart again and  took the time to jot down the measurements so I could post the recipe on my blog to share with you all and off course to save for myself. I hope you all enjoy this delicious and easy to make tart. 

Print recipe HERE

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 TB sugar
  • 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter ( cut into small pieces)
  • 1/3 cup cold  water
  • 3 large golden delicious apples
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 2TB flour
  • 2 tb butter (cubed)
  • 1 TB of sanding sugar

Directions:

In a food processor, pulse 1 1/2 cups of flour, salt, sugar and butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal with a few pea sized pieces of butter remaining. 




Sprinkle the cold water over the mixture and process just until the dough is crumbly but still holds together when squeezed with fingers (if necessary add a little bit more water). 


Transfer the dough onto plastic wrap and wrap tightly. 



Place in refrigerator until you prepare your apples. 


Prepare your apples- Peel apples and use an apple corer to remove the cores. Halve the apples and slice. Place in a medium sized bowl. Add 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp sugar, 2 TB flour. Carefully stir the apples to combine all the ingredients. 



Flour a large piece of parchment paper, and roll the dough out until about 16 inches in diameter. 



Transfer the dough to a tart pan 


Using your rolling pin, roll over the pan to "trim" all the extra scraps


(If you don't have a tart pan, you can make a rustic tart on a plain cookie sheet, just place apple in the center and pinch the sides) Just like I did here with the dough scraps and apples. 


 Using a fork, poke the crust before filing it with apples. 


After arranging the apples, place 2 TB of cubed butter on top. 


Preheat the oven to 400. Sprinkle the sanding sugar on top of the apple. Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown and the apples are soft. Cool slightly before serving.


You can eat this plain, with whipped cream or my favorite: vanilla bean ice cream :)

Hope you enjoy this super simple yet yummy recipe. 




 Thanks for visiting, 


































0 comments:

Post a Comment