We love corndog muffins in our house, I like to whip up a batch on Sundays because they are so easy to make and so tasty for snacking and for the school week. The kids love it when I pack these for lunch :)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 6 hot dogs ( We love the Hebrew National brand)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a a mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, sugar and eggs. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon batter into each cup and place 1 hot dog piece into the center. Place into oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Thanks for visiting,