1st day of school 2016!


School is in session, and I don't know what to do with my self. 
Even though I have a house to clean, meals to prep, laundry to do, I can't seem to concentrate on any of those tasks. My two older kids are in school and the house seems too quiet. 

Emily started school last week with grades 1-5, and is already a pro at it. She hugged Nico and whispered comforting words to him and then ran off to find her friends. I walked Nico into his class, and we found his desk together. He had a pencil box and a coloring sheet waiting for him. It was so hard for me to leave, he's been by my side for 5 years. He didn't go to day care, or preschool, and I have taught him everything he  knows, and now entrusting him to someone else is so difficult. 
But it's part of growing up, and I trust that God has good plans for their lives. 
It is such a comfort and peace to remember that God is always in control and present in our children lives.

Joshua 1:19 comes to mind:

"This is my command- be strong and courages! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. "






I have decided to ask these ten questions to my kids on the first day of school, it will be fun to see how the answers change year by year. 

Nico

1. How old are you?
5
2. What is your favorite color?
red
3. What is your favorite food?
cheese pizza
4. What is your favorite TV show?
blaze 
5. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas
6. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom?
bake cookies
7. What is your favorite thing to do with Dad?
play ninetendo mario 
8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Toy designer 
9. What is your favorite movie?
Toy story
10. What is your favorite toy/stuffed animal?
Mario pull back cars



Emily:


1. How old are you?
8
2. What is your favorite color?
turquoise 
3. What is your favorite food?
corn on the cob
4. What is your favorite TV show?
magic schoolbus
5. What is your favorite holiday?
hanukkah
6. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom?
getting our nails done
7. What is your favorite thing to do with Dad?
go biking 
8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
teacher
9. What is your favorite movie?
zootopia
10. What is your favorite toy/stuffed animal?
horses

Their answers put a smile on my face, I am wondering if they will change much next year :)

Thank you for visiting, 



0 comments:

Post a Comment