Peach Picking



I couldn't sleep last night, I woke up around 3:30am and I wasn't able fall back asleep, as much as I tried. A combination of stress (well I should say worry, not stress) and my husbands snoring is to blame. So after tossing and turning, and literally turning my husband to his side about 5 times, I gave up and got out of bed at 6:30am. I tiptoed around the house and got my dinner prep, baking, laundry and cleaning done before the kids woke up at 8:30, Score! After breakfast I suddenly realized that we had a free day now. (Somehow I got everything done in just a two hours, Probably has alot to do with the fact that the kids were asleep)  a free day meant a  day full of possibilities. Don't you love it when that happens? I decided to go peach picking with the kids. There is something about peaches picked fresh from the orchard. Something different. They are so fragrant, juicy, sweet, sticky and  so scrumptious. 

The kids had so much fun, I think I picked like 4 peaches, and they got the rest. Picking peaches is so much easier and faster then berry picking. You basically can pick all you need in a few minutes and use the rest of your free time to stroll down the paths,  breathe in the fresh smell and just enjoy nature all around you. Emily was off hiding in the trees, playing Laura in The little House of The Prairie, and Nico was an Indian boy in the forest. 

We picked about 23 pounds, and decided to make a peach pie as soon as we got home. Mmmm... 2nd best idea of the day. I love peach pie, well almost any kind of pie, but particularly peach. My recipe guarantees a flaky golden brown crust, filled with delicious peaches seasoned with just the right amount of sugar and cinnamon. Its a fail proof recipe, my pies always turn out perfect. In fact, I am eating it right now, as I type up this post. It is so so good. 























What are some of your favorite things to make with peaches?


Thanks for visiting,



2 comments:

  1. oh my, yum! i would love to go peach picking, but i don't bake pies or anything. yours looks delicious.
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still fun to pick for eating. You just have to eat them within a few days as they ripen very fast.

      Delete