Mother's Day 2016




I hope you all had a great Mother's Day!

I was congested all night, so I decided to get up early and take a hot shower to help me breath. Well, as soon as I got out of the shower, I could hear the pounding of little feet running up and down the stairs, doors shutting and lots of whispering. I knew they were up to something. 

Earlier last week, the kids worked on their cards and pictures for me. The best part was that they at decided to hide their gifts for me in their underwear/sock drawers. Because you know, mom never looks in there. Its not like she does laundry everyday and puts things away. But I didn't peek, even one bit :) 

Once I walked out of the bathroom, my 5 year old ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug, I almost toppled over him. He yelled "happy mothers day!" and told me that there is a surprise for me downstairs, but he couldn't tell me what it was. His eyes were sparkling and he had the biggest grin on his face. 
The kids were both so excited, they couldn't wait for me to get down there. William didn't really understand what was going on, after a diaper change, we slowly made my way downstairs to the kitchen to find out that daddy had gotten up even earlier then I did, went to the grocery store for flowers, card and all the groceries for breakfast. And he was already making breakfast for all of us! 

While daddy cooked breakfast, I took the time to open and read everyones cards, letters and pictures. Both of the older kidos eagerly sat besides to me, gazing at the reaction on my face to their presents. This is it guys. This is the best part, the part where all that hard work pays off.  That look, is everything. That moment is everything. 
I took each one in my lap and gave them the biggest hug I could. I thanked them both for my presents and told them how blessed I am to have them as my children. Their little cards and pictures mean the world to me, They took the time to work on them "secretly". Mother's day is not about presents, and stuff. Its about moments and gifts from the heart. Gifts that I will cherish. I have a box where I keep all the cards I get, it is already running out of room, which means I have to get a bigger box, But I don't get rid of these special gifts,  I know that I will look back at all the cards and pictures they made for me and remember these beautiful moments.




 After breakfast, we got dressed and met up with our friends at the rose garden, played at the play park and then headed out to lunch. 
All day long, my 5 year old was asking me, "how is your mothers day going, mom?" or "how do you like your mothers day so far?" so, so sweet. I can not get enough of them. Even as I type this up, I get all teared up. How did I get such sweet kids? How did I get such a loving husband? My kids are my everything. They have made me a much better person, They are teaching me how to be more patient, selfless, loving and accepting towards others.

I am so thankful to be their momma. 







Thanks for visiting, 








3 comments:

  1. What a special Mother's Day! I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this! You are inspiring me! You asked why do you get such sweet kids and a loving husband. Let me tell you this, my dear. Because of all your hard work on yourself and your family, you are getting your rewards now! God bless you. I will keep coming back for more inspiration! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. :)

      Delete