Chebureki are a common Russian street food, they can be a great appetizer or main dish. We can snack on them all day long or you can serve them with a soup or salad for a full meal.
I take a shortcut and use store bought raw/uncooked tortillas, and they taste oh so good!
-12 uncooked tortillas ( usually found near the fresh salsa, and cheese at the grocery store)
-1 lb chicken (2 chicken breasts)
-1 lb beef
-1 small onion
-3 cloves of garlic
-2 tsp salt (or to your taste preference)
-1/4 tsp of pepper (or to your taste preference)
To seal tortilla:
-1 egg white
-pinch of salt
1. Grind 1 lb of chicken, 1 lb of beef, 1 small onion, garlic cloves into a medium sized bowl.
I have this attachment for my stand mixer, which I have had for 10 years and it still works great!
2. Add egg, pepper/salt to the meat mixture and mix well. (I use my stand mixer to mix it well)
3. Take tortillas and place about 2 tablespoons of the meat filling on one side of the tortillas, leaving a 1 inch space at the edges.
4. Whisk together egg white and a pinch of salt.
5. Brush the egg white mixture around the edges and fold the tortilla in half, sealing the filling inside.
6. Pinch the sides together by pressing a fork all around the edge, to seal the filling.
7. In a heavy skillet, cover the bottom with about 1 inch of oil and heat.
8. Fry 2 tortillas at a time, flipping when golden brown.
9. Drain on paper towels before serving.
Click Here for the printable version