Trust




October has flown by in a blur, and although there were a few highlights, I have to say that I am glad that it is behind us.  It was a really hard month, because we all had a cold. It started with my hubby, who had a cold for 3 weeks, then I came next, followed by my daughter and now the boys (3rd week with this cold) This nasty cold had everything from coughing, to ear pain and pink eye. It felt like one thing after another :(

Being sick and having to take care of sick kids for so long has really taking a toll on me. I am so tired and sleep deprived. My littlest couldn't handle this cold as well as the older kids, he can't spit up the mucus stuck in his throat, so he starts coughing really hard, which makes him throw up,  and off course this usually happens during naps and bedtime, which means that we both have not been getting much sleep. 
One night, as I sat in a steamy bathroom with the shower on, trying to get my little one over a coughing spell, I just started to pray. I prayed and cried. I told the Lord that I was so tired. 
I told him that I am sorry that I am not strong enough not handle this situation. I prayed and asked him to help me.

That night, I kept repeating Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.


I memorized this verse last year and during a hard times, it pops into my head to remind me to trust the Lord. 



The next day I spoke with my sister, she suggested that I try a warm mist humidifier with vicks tablets, I decided to give it a try, I had nothing to loose, I have already tried everything I could think of, home remedies, essential oils, even cough medicine. Nothing worked. 
I bought a warm mist diffuser and set it up ad that night my little guy only woke up twice to cough, but did not throw up!! I thank the Lord for hearing and answering my prayer. 



We are still recovering, but I think we are over the hard part. 

I just wanted to reach out and tell you that if you are going through a hard time, to lay your trust in the Lord, He is there for you. You are important, you are his child and he loves you. 







1 comments:

  1. AAAWWW so rough for the whole family, hope everyone's back on the mend in full strength. Once years ago when I was fretting, my youngest who was in high school at the time told me "let go and let God mom" and I felt better!

    ReplyDelete