There is no place like home.....(the back yard)


They say there is no place like home. I completely agree. After a trip or vacation I am always to happy to be home. Nothing beats the comfort of your own home.

It has been hot lately, almost hitting 100! Our AC broke down last Sabbath, and we have felt first hand how horrible it feels to be indoors with no central air. I felt sticky and miserable all day. The only thing that made it bearable is sitting out in the yard in the shade or splashing around in the kiddie pool.

However, hubby fixed the problem the next day and the house was back to being a comfortable place to be. You never know what you have until you loose it, right?

With the sun shining we spend most of the day out in the back yard. As I said, nothing beats the comfort of your home. If we get to hot, we just come inside and cool down.

We spend a lot of time lounging in our patio, playing in our sand box, or splashing in the kiddie pool.  I love our back yard, it really has come a long way, if you are interested in seeing how it looked before we did any work on it, click here. Sure, I would love a bigger yard, perhaps an acre or two, and even a chicken coop and a large vegetable garden :), but I am happy with what we have right now and feel incredibly thankful.








Thanks for visiting, 


2 comments:

  1. beautiful and I luv ur trellis idea! I usually have a garden smack in the middle of the yard, but I'm rethinking that and want it on the perimeter of the fence like yours. I just didn't want the food growing up the chainlink and messing with it. this will work perfect!

    ReplyDelete