Family Room -- New Sectional



We got a new sectional for our family room! 

After spending hours online researching sectionals, I chose the Ektorp sectional from Ikea. 
I love my ektorp sofas in the living room, because they are so comfortable and easy to clean. 
I knew that this was the right choice for us. Plus the price tag is at least 1/2 price less then anything else I was looking at. I love that I can wash the slip covers, and I can completely change the look of the sofa with a different color slip cover. 

Our old sectional wasn't very old, but it was difficult to clean, I tried over 5 different upholstery cleaners and nothing worked ( I ended up having it professionally cleaned which cost $135!) However we eat and snack on this sofa when we watch TV, and that clean sofa did not last very long with three kids. 
The other thing that drove me crazy was the fact that some of the cushions were coming apart in the seams. It doesn't look all that bad in the picture below, But I would not recommend anyone buy this sofa. Unless you have no kids and plan on not having any food or drinks around it. 

Here is our family room/den area before:










Thanks for visiting,



4 comments:

  1. thanks for the heads up. I've been looking at it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look ;)
    It was worth it to spend hours online ;)
    xoxo
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family room is just beautiful!! I love your new sofa with all the bright and colorful pillows. Pinning!

    Lori @ThriftyDecorMom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! I've been looking that one for our home too. It might be a tad small for my space, but we like that it is washable with a new baby coming. Love the way you styled your living area!

    ReplyDelete