Individual Pavlova's





We love the pavlova meringue cake in our house, but my least favorite part is cutting the cake and serving it because it kinda just breaks apart and doesn't make a pretty presentation. 
Which is why I turned the large cake recipe into individual servings. It is great portion control and you don't need to cut and serve it. Plus, I think they look adorable. 

The recipe makes 12 individual pavlovas. 

Ingredients:

3 egg whites
1 pinch of salt
1 cup of white sugar
1 TB cornstarch
1 tsp lemon juice
1 1/4 cups of heavy cream
1/2 cup of sugar
Fresh berries: raspberries, strawberries, black berries or blueberries

1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a large bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Add 3/4 cup of the sugar gradually, while continuing to whip. Make sure sugar is completely dissolved. Mix together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar with the cornstarch; lightly fold into meringue with lemon juice.

Divide the meringue mixture into 6 circles on each sheet.  Using a spoon, make a small dent inside each meringue for the filling. 



Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes. Turn off oven, but leave the meringues in oven for an additional 30 minutes. When cool, the meringue should be hard on the outside, and slightly moist on the inside.



In a large bowl, combine the cream and half a cup of sugar, and whip until thickened.
Spread cream over the meringue cake and decorate with fruit of your choice.

I also like to drizzle some melted chocolate over the meringues. 

I melt 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips in a microwave and put them into a disposable pastry bag (zip lock bag would work too), cut the corner and drizzle over the berries. It hardens in a few minutes. 


Enjoy!


Click HERE for printable version

3 comments:

  1. Oh these sound/look so good! I love individual sized desserts, and I love fresh stuff like this as we go into spring/summer... will be bookmarking for next time I host book club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I was asked to bring something to a high tea and will be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these a few weeks ago and I can honestly say this is my new favorite dessert! Nothing compares. I will be making these for Passover in a few weeks, and I'll make them even smaller this time...thank you so much for sharing your recipes.

    ReplyDelete