Family Room Updated



I have been doing some tweaking in the family room, all because of a rug. Yep, a rug. 
I moved the jute rug to the living room about 5 months ago and bought this rug from Target. I just realized I never posted a picture of that rug on the blog. But I found this instagram photo of mine:



I loved it at first, the colors went with my decor and it is so soft. However, a few weeks into it, I noticed piling, which just got worse as weeks went by. I went back online and read that a lot of people had the same problem. I was upset, it was money down the drain. 

I went to Rugs USA and found this rug for 75% off, I ended up paying under $100. Not a bad deal for a 5X8 rug, right? 

I am loving it now, it is soft and a beautiful navy color. It is dark, which means we would be able to see crumbs especially after movie and popcorn night. 




My "decor" on the coffee table is currently toys. Yep, thats life with a one year. 
 One day I will be able to have candles, flowers and nick nacks back on the table, but for now my little guy gets to come up and play with his toys within his reach whenever he wants. I trade them out with the toys in the baskets below, so he has new toys to play with and does not get bored.   In fact there are toys all over the downstairs for the little guy. Its the only way I can get anything done around the house. 

 I also ended up finding a nice shelf for all of our TV stuff, since the small little one was just not working, between the play station, the Wei and all the DVDs, we ran out of room in the small little cabinet I had. 

Now back to the family room,  would you like to take a trip down memory lane with me?


The scary, ugly BEFORE:


After #1:


After #2



After #3


So, what do you think about the progress? 

I noticed it got a little bit more colorful over the years, but I do love color so I think its a good thing. 


Thank you so much for visiting, 









4 comments:

  1. Love love love Rugs USA - I now have 4 of their rugs! I really love the blue in your living room too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw in a previous post this basket is from Walmart. Is that correct? Do you remember the brand or price? I could not find it online. Thanks! Btw, found your blog while searcing for images/reviews of your white ikea table. I got sucked in to your blog and love it! I have 3 littles also, very close in age to yours. I have really gleaned some great ideas from your blog and I've really enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's beautiful! did yall do the build out on your fireplace? I luv it.

    ReplyDelete