Hanukkah 2014


We lit the first candle of hanukkah during our winter getaway, and now that we are home,  the celebration continues. 
I always have so much fun decorating and wrapping gifts for the holiday.
I thought I would share some pictures, in case anyone is in need of some Hanukkah inspiration.

Hanukkah decor is actually really hard to find, and if it is available, a lot of times it is ugly and tacky. I have been collecting and making our Hanukkah decorations for the past 3 years, and still do not have more then one bin full.  

I keep all of my decorating really simple. I also put out a few winter decorations here and there, which will stay out until Feb-March, or until I start getting the itch to decorate for Spring. 

Traditionally the Hanukkah menorah is set in front of the window (which is not possible in our house with a curious little 11 month old)

So I set up the menorah in the living room on my refinished record player. 

 







I did not do very much at all in our main living area. Just a banner across the fireplace and I kept the mantle very simple with whites, silver and blues. 

I pulled out the kids hanukkah books, games and even bought the kids a wooden menorah this year. 







 Here are a few moments I managed to capture on camera:

 Em takes her job lighting her menorah very seriously. 





 Nico "lighting" his menorah

We love playing dreidel 

I hosted a dinner party for our family 









 Wrapping paper: Target
Large Menorah: Pottery barn
Wooden dreidel: Pottery Barn kids
Kids Wooden menorah: Pottery barn kids
Hanukkah banner: Pottery barn kids
Hanukkah dreidel garland: World Market


Thank you so much for visiting, and I hope you have found some inspiration.















5 comments:

  1. love the wooden menorah. happy chanukah!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY HANUKKAH to you and your Beautiful Family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful celebration! Your decorating is amazing!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete