First Day of School 2014

Our 2nd year of Homeschool has started today!

 It was much anticipated and went by so quick. We are using Sonlight this year, which is so exciting. Even though I have to admit- I was very intimidated with the huge binder from Sonlight, but I do love that everything is written out for me in such detail.  Surprisingly we were done with school in less then 2 hours today-- Which is great when you have a little baby attached to your hip.

Often, people tell me that they would never be able to homeschool, and that I must be a very patient person. Let me tell you something- I am not. I am not patient at all, and I feel that God is teaching me patience, grace and how to let things go- things that don't really matter. 

I love spending time with my kids, even though there are those days which are filled with tantrums, fighting  and tears and mommy needs some quiet time. We all have those days. Which usually result in taking some time to myself after hubby gets home. Weather it is a trip to Target on my own or a long hot shower. 
I also keep reminding myself that time flies by. Just yesterday I was looking at my wedding pictures from our big day 9 years ago. Now I am a mom of three! My oldest is already in 1st grade!
Soon they will all be in elementary, or middle school- in a blink of an eye. 

People also ask me how long I am planning on homeschooling. The answer is: I don't know.
I don't know what Gods plan is for tomorrow. I just have to trust him. 
I will do what feels right in what ever situation we are in. It may be home schooling, public school or even private school. I am not opposed to any of them. We are just doing what we feel is best for our family now. 

Now that we got all of that out of the way, lets take a look at our first day back. 









Emily also started gymnastics. She is so excited. She wanted to start gymnastics for over a year now, but we waited until after her eye surgery.  Now that she has mostly healed, we thought it would be appropriate to start. I am still worried, since she doesn't have 3D vision,  her ophthalmologist said that kids adapt really well. She also is hoping that Emily will get her 3D vision within a year.


Well this is how our day looked like. Lots of learning, playing and laughing. 
Have you guys started school yet? 

Thanks for visiting,














2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great start to your 2nd year of homeschooling! Hope it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy school year for your family! !! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete