Curriculum Choices 2014-2015



Although we have been working on our  BIG 1st Grade book during the summer, we have been enjoying our summer to the max! However, summer is coming to an end and we are officially starting school in two weeks!

So I am joining the "Not" Back to School Blog Hop and posting my curriculum choices for this school year. This is only my 2nd year "officially" Homeschooling, before that I had a 4 year old I worked on some pre-K books with. 



This year I will have a 1st grader and a Pre-K student.

See last years curriculum choices here.


With my previous curriculum choice, I felt like I was adding a lot of addition things, So I really wanted to find a more "complete" curriculum this year, After months of searching, researching and reading reviews,  I think I decided on Sonlight.
I mean look at all of this!





Bible
Our own Bible to read scheduled passages in the guidebook
Leading little ones to God
Sing to the World (CD)

History and Geography

The Usborne Time Traveler
Tuts Mummy Lost and Found
From Akebu to Zapotec
Houses and Homes
People of the World
George Muller
Missionary Stories With the Millers
Archaeologists Dig for Clues
The Greeks News
The Great Wall of China
Time Line
Roman Diary of a Slave
The Usborne Book of World History
A Childs History of the World


Language Arts

Letter and Word Bingo
Go Blend!
Handwriting Without Tears #1
Explode the Code #2
(NOT ALL PICTURED HERE)

Math

Horizons Math 1 
Horizons Math manipulatives


Read Alouds

Charlottes Web
Henry Huggins
Gooney Bird Greene
The Wheel on the School
The Year of Miss Agnes
Homer Price
Greeks Myths for Young Children
Mr. Poppers Penguins
Mountain Born
Understood Betsy
Favorite Poems of Childhood
Mrs Piggle Wiggle
Detectives in Togas
Little Pear
Owls in the Family
The Case of the Gasping Garbage
It Could Always be Worse
Language and Thinking for Young Children
A Treasury of Mother Goose Rhymes


Readers 

Put Me in a Zoo
Litte Bear
One Fish, Two Fish
A Fly went by
A Cat in the Hat
Green Eggs and Ham
A Big Ball of String
The Best Trick
The Bravest Dog Ever
I Can Read It Book 1,2,3


Science

Pasteurs Fight Against Microbes
Space
Discover and Do DVD
First Encyclopedia of the Human Body
See How Its Made
What Makes you Ill
Science Activities Vol 1
The Magic School Bus as the Waterworks
Why do People Eat
The Usborne Book of Animals
Night Animals
Science Supplies Kits


Fun Critical Thinking activities


Suggested extras for 1st grade:



My 3 year old will be along for the ride with bible, read alouds, history and geography, art and so on.
I got him some  random books which I will be putting in his work boxes. But if he is not interested, I am not going to push him. He is still very young and should have all the Play Time he wants. 


Once we start using Sonlight and become more familiar with the curriculum, I will come back and tell you how we like it.

See our Homeschool Room Here

Hope you all have a great day,



1 comments:

  1. So many BOOKS! We love books over here. I am using MFW so far and loving how God's word is incorporated into everything! I bet you'll have a fun school year and am excited to hear how you like your new curriculum. I love the list of read aloud books, we are reading the Narnia series now and my almost 7 year old boy is loving it, as am I. God's blessings on your 2014-2015 school year!

    ReplyDelete