Birchbox July 2014



I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 4-5 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You then get to try out the products and review them on birchbox.com. For each review you get 10 points. Every 100 points equals $10 you can use in the shop. So if you review your 5 samples each month, thats $5 going back to you to use in the shop. So technically each box costs $5! Now, you can't beat a $5 little present for yourself, now can you? :)

With the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If I love the product, then I can go buy it :)

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box

Lets see what I got this month:



Jouer Matte Moisterizer (Full Price $38.00)

What BirchBirch Says: This mattifying tint is infused with titanium and zinc dioxides, which deflect both UVA and UVB rays. In addition, it has vitamins A, C, and E to deflect the free radicals that lead to premature aging. A pale beige, Porcelain is best for extremely fair complexions, while Linen is slightly darker and best for light complexions. Nude, a neutral beige, works for light to medium complexions; Chamomile, a golden tone, suits medium to tan complexions; and Hazel, a nutty brown, is perfect for tan to dark complexions.

What I Say: I actually have gotten this sample last year sometime and I bought the full size last summer. Love this tinted moisturizer. I wear it on those days I don't want to wear makeup.... Like when it is 90 degrees outside. I still have some left from last summer, and am using it now. But if anyone wants a tinted moisturizer and your face get oily, this is a great option. 





Cynthia Rowley Creamy lip Stain in Sugar (full price $20)

What BirchBirch Says:  This creamy lip stain is vegan, cruelty-free, and paraben-free.

What I Say: Right now I only have one lip gloss which I love and own 3 tubes of it, it is the Clarins Lip Perfector. This was very nice and similar to the clarions one in texture and color. Not sure if I would replace my Clarin's one with this, but its something I can throw into my purse. 



NAOBAY BODY RADIANCE LOTION (full price $24)
What BirchBirch Says:  Olive oil, shea butter, and avocado oil deliver serious moisture, while aloe vera soothes and protects skin. More than 98 percent of ingredients in this creamy lotion are natural, and over 19 percent are organic—and like all Naobay products, it’s free of GMOs and made without parabens, formaldehyde, petrochemicals, synthetic dyes, and a host of other chemicals that research suggests may come with health risks.

What I Say: I like the smell of this lotion, plus the ingredients are so great. I really need to finish my 5 bottles of lotion before I make any more lotion purchases....

Real Chemistry Peel (full price $48)

What BirchBirch Says:  Suitable for all skin types, this pH-neutral protein peel gently exfoliates delicate skin without the use of harsh acids or abrasives. The unique gel binds to dead skin cells on the face, neck, and décolleté, forming solids that can be easily washed away with water. In just three minutes you’ll reveal the luminous, younger-looking skin below. Great for reducing the appearance of acne scars, dark spots, rosacea, and blotchiness (and who doesn’t suffer from at least one of those?).

What I Say: My skin desperately needed this peel. I have been getting breakouts and I have gotten some new sun spots on my forehead. I like how it worked, and when I rubbed it in circular motion, it actually "peeled" unlike some other peels I have tried. It is pretty spend, So I will use up my sample and see if I would repurchase, but after one use, I can say my skins feels great. 

Beauty Protector Hair Mask (Full Size $24)

What BirchBirch Says:  The formula is loaded with antioxidants to neutralize damaging free radicals. Argan oil, honey, amber, and crushed pearls (if the mask’s creamy texture wasn’t proof enough of its luxuriousness) revive strands and preserve their youthful texture and shine. What’s more, the mask works with all hair types, and is cruelty-free.
What I Say: I have tried a few things from this line and I have liked the majority of things. This mask was great and very decently priced. Love the smell and love how if made my hair soft. 



Well that wraps up my box this month.
What did you get in your box this month? 










1 comments:

  1. Hi Rita!
    I am a Birchbox subscriber...thanks to you. I also have gifted my daughter-in-law for a year. Yay!
    Today is the first time I ever read that you can get points for reviews. Duh! I feel kind of dumb about it, but at least I know now, right?!?
    I wanted to alert you...in case you missed it...that you should also have received a postcard for a FREE one year subscription (10 issues) to Women's Health magazine, a $9.95 value (I think I'm quoting). Take a look at the cards included in the box this month.
    Simone
    PS - I loved the cute family pix in the last post

    ReplyDelete