Last Day of Kindergarten

Miss Emily has finished her last day of kindergarten today!!

We have finished the curriculum Little Hearts for His Glory from front page to back page! Yippee!!


This year flew by so fast! I can't believe my little girl is now a 1st grader! I am not ready for her to grow up, but she is right before my very eyes. 

She is such a smart little cookie! She learned to read, write sentences, count to 100, do math problems and so much more. She is such a curious child, she will ask questions all day long, and if I don't know the answer she asks me to look it up online or find her a youtube video. Just today she asked me how plastic is made, so we looked it up :)

 I am learning so much just by teaching her.

I will be getting her a 1st grade workbook, which she will work on this summer (just to keep her skills sharp and so she doesn't forget everything) 


But now, bring on Summer!!



People have asked me weather or not I am going to be homeschooling for the next school year. My answer is "I don't know yet". I really enjoyed home schooling her this year and watch her succeed. We got school done in 2 hours or less, and then she was free to enjoy herself. 

It is just much harder now with a baby and I am struggling on getting everything done. 

There are three options for the next school year:


Homeschool 1st grade 
(I will need to figure out which curriculum as well)


Pros: 
I will continue to see my daughter all day long
My daughter wants to continue homeschooling
 I get to teach her at her level, she won't be held back or left behind
No need on waking up early and rushing around to get to the bus or driving her with the rest of the kids in tow. 

Cons: 
I feel stretched to the limit some days
Always wondering how we are doing (academic wise) and if she is doing enough since we are able to finish school so fast. 


Church Private School


Pros: 
It will give me more time with the younger kids. 
Affiliated with our Church 
She will be with her friends from church
She will learn Russian
She will be with children her age and able to attend field trips



Cons:
I won't see her 9am-4pm
Homework after she gets home- which means very limited amount of  family time
It is about 30 min away (no traffic) with traffic it is longer (but there is a carpool)
Monthly Tuition
Packing lunches

Public School

Pros:
It will give me more time with the younger kids. 
She will be around children her own age
I will know at what level she is academically

Cons:
I won't see her 9am-4pm
Homework after school means very little family time
I will need to get all the kids and drive her and pick her up, or have her take the bus (scary for me)


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


As you can see, we have so much to think and pray about this summer. 
Miss Emily also has her strabismus surgery next week and will be healing after wards. 
So that is kind off a priority on my mind right now, I am praying God will bless the doctors hands and everything goes well. After that we will decide on the schooling question, but any input is appreciated. 



Bring on Summer!







6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing up this year of homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe this is something you should decide on your own. People will only state their opinions, great as they may be, but only you know what is best for your family and your daughter/ your children. You know her the best as her mom, and you should base your decision on what you wish for her. What is your first priority, what is most important as a family; never feel swayed by other people, but do what you feel is best. Of course, pray about this, and think how you imagine your future as a family. Because people will always be people, and their opinions may change year after year, but only you know and feel your family deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! and prayer for blessing for procedure and for speedy recovery after surgery. Our Jr. had similar one in February.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God knows...ask Him.

    “I [the Lord] will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.” Psalm 32:8 AMP

    The Scripture says, “No man who believes in Him [who adheres to, relies on, and trusts in Him] will [ever] be put to shame or be disappointed.” Romans 10:11 AMP

    ReplyDelete
  5. God knows...ask Him.

    “I [the Lord] will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.” Psalm 32:8 AMP

    The Scripture says, “No man who believes in Him [who adheres to, relies on, and trusts in Him] will [ever] be put to shame or be disappointed.” Romans 10:11 AMP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you about your decision. Another thing to consider is what your daughter would like. Granted, she is still quite young. But, maybe she has some strong feelings, already, about what she'd like. We started out with public school and then switched to homeschooling during high school, at my daughter's request (begging). She's been so much happier and I really enjoy it. But, I don't have other children. I think it's been hardest on my hubby, having less of my time available for him. As other have mentioned, seek God's leading and make your decision based on what you believe is best for your family in your present situation.

    ReplyDelete