Birchbox April 2014


I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 4-5 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You then get to try out the products and review them on birchbox.com. For each review you get 10 points. Every 100 points equals $10 you can use in the shop. So if you review your 5 samples each month, thats $5 going back to you to use in the shop. So technically each box costs $5! Now, you can't beat a $5 little present for yourself, now can you? :)

With the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If I love the product, then I can go buy it :)

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box

Lets see what I got this month:



Color Club Nailpolish in Aquamarine  (full price: $13.00)


What BirchBox says: Pearl finish. These lacquer shades combine Gala’s beauty know-how with Color Club’s longwearing formulas.

What I say: Love the color I got. It reminds me of Tiffanys. So pretty. 



Keims Cleanshine Energizing Shampoo (full size $9.50)


What BirchBox says: This refreshing cleanser has peppermint leaf extract to boost circulation in the scalp, stimulating healthy hair growth. The formula causes a delightful cooling sensation on the scalp. Macadamia nut nourishes weak hair for touchable softness and shine, while silk protein works to strengthen strands and repair damage. Even better, this formula comes to you free of mineral oil, silicon, ethanolamine, and paragons. .

What I say: Love this shampoo. Since I don't wash my hair every day, I like a shampoo that cleans my scalp very well, well this one does a great job. It lathers very well and isn't very pricy, definitely something I would purchase. 


Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eye Pencil (full size $16.00)


What BirchBox says: These luxe, creamy liners deliver bold color that lasts and lasts. Choose from five wearable shades: Black, Silver, Charcoal, Sky Blue, and Violet. Vegan, cruelty-free, and paraben-free

What I say: Wish I would have gotten black, I got silver, not really sure how I will wear silver liner. hmm.....



nyakio™ Kenyan Coffee Face Polish (full size $34.00)


What BirchBox says: The coffee extract and jojoba oil in this scrub buff away dull skin. But unlike some exfoliators, this gentle formula isn’t drying: Neroli, lemongrass, and macadamia oils provide intense moisture for smooth, dewy skin.

What I say: I really liked this scrub, it felt nice. It had nice scrubbing beads, but still also felt silky. Left my face feeling clean and soft. 


nyakio™ Kenyan Coffee Body Scrub (full size $55.00)


What BirchBox says: Inspired by a mixture made by founder Nyakio’s namesake grandmother, who worked on a coffee farm, this formula is loaded with natural ingredients like shea butter, sugar, jojoba seed oil, avocado oil, and, of course, Kenyan coffee beans. The grittier ingredients slough off skin’s dull outer layer, while the creamy ones infuse the freshly revealed skin with moisture.

What I say: Didn't really like this scrub, I felt that it was to hard to use and the scrubbing beads (or are they coffee bean pieces? ) were to big big. Plus the price is very high for a body scrub. 


nyakio™ Hydrating Face Oil With Kola Nut full size: $49


What BirchBox says:Made with African kola nut, a rich source of caffeine, this quick-absorbing serum instantly invigorates skin. A blend of other natural oils—including ximenia, chamomile, and trichilia oil sourced from across Africa—balances complexion, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and softens skin.

What I say: I don't know if it is a coincidence, but the day I used this, I got 3 pimples! Definitely not going to risk it again. Not for me. 

KIND Healthy Grain Bars full size $11.88


What BirchBox says: Each bar is made with five super grains for maximum nutritional and taste bud benefits. Available in Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt, Dark Chocolate Chunk, Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate, and a variety pack of the three. These wholesome snack bars are the ideal mix of both flavors (and, of course, they’re also nonGMO and gluten-free). So satisfying your sweet tooth or indulging your addiction to all things savory doesn’t have to be a battle—and, even, better it doesn’t mean putting rubbish in your body.

What I say: I really liked this bar, so did my son, he didn't even let me finish it. Going to pick a box up and keep some in my diaper bag as a snack for me and the kids. 



Well that wraps up my box this month.
What did you get in your box this month? 





0 comments:

Post a Comment