3 Month Update



William is 3 months old! I can't believe how fast the weeks are flying by! 
I was hoping to get back into a blogging routine by now, but time just flies by. With 3 kids, homeschool, household chores preparing 3 meals a day, I am surprised I have time to pee. LOL
But I will try, because I really miss.
This little guy is growing so fast, its hard to believe that a little over 3 months ago, he was still in my tummy:
Weight:  At his 2 month check up (which actually was more of a 2 and 1/2 month update) He was 17.5 lbs! Which means he is a bit bigger now. The doctor said that he is off the charts, 100 percentile for both hight and weight! I have to say this little guy is my biggest baby yet. I guess mommy has good milk. 
Sleep: He sleeps awesome during the night! Goes down anywhere from 9pm-10:30pm and sleeps till 6:30-7:30 in the morning. We co sleep, so as soon as I hear him moving around, and starting to wake up, I nurse him and he continues to sleep. He doesn't poop at night, so I don't change his diaper till he wakes up in the morning. 
Day time sleep however is a different story, maybe because he sleeps so much during the night, he doesn't sleep much during the day. I am lucky if he takes a 1 hour nap. But if I carry him in my moby sling, then he can nap up to 2 hours!
Eating: He is such a great nurser now! I don't pump anymore if we are going anywhere, I am just more confident in latching him on and nursing him. He definitely likes to nurse laying down best. 

Diapers: I did cloth diapers for 2 days and decided to wait a little more. I only bought 17 cloth diapers, and he still uses more then that in a 24 hour period. I don't know if it because he is breastfeed, or what, but I am shocked at the amount of diapers this dude goes through. I decided that I will finish up the size 3 disposables I have now and will try cloth again. I just don't want to buy any more cloth. 
Clothing: This big guy is wearing 9 month clothes! I can't believe my 3 month old is wearing 9 month clothes! I dislike dressing him in one piece outfits like footie pajamas, because I have to change his diaper so often, that I find those snaps annoying. I prefer pants and tops.

Mood: He is so happy when he wakes up in the morning! He coos and goos and smiles. He can talk to his mobile in his crib. He is especially happy when you hold him.
He gets pretty grumpy once he is tired, especially during the evenings. 
loves:
  • When anyone talks to him
  • His fists, they are now constantly in his mouth! Or anything else he can find like a paci and blankie. 
  • Bathtime!
  • Tickles! Especially his feet, he gets so happy. 
Doesn’t Love:
  • Hates being held like a baby (cradle) prefers to be held over the shoulder. 
  • Being buckled in the car seat, but once we get going he stops crying. 
What I Want to Remember:
  • His coos and smiles
  • The way he stretches after sleeping in the sling or in my arms. 
  • Cuddling on my chest.
  • How he rolled over! he was laying on his side and rolled over, he was unhappy and a bit confused. 
Mama Update:


  • I am feeling  a little more back to normal. The perineum stitches have healed nicely and don't bother me anymore. 
  • I feel that my uterus is back in place as well, but my doctor asked me to come in at 6 months post partum to check the prolapse I had.
  • I have been sleeping well at night, so I don't feel like I need a nap. It is nice to have energy back. 
  • My hair started falling out. Gosh, I really hate postpartum hair loss, I feel like I am going to go bald.
  • My skin has also not been doing so well, I changed some skincare things so that ay be it, or it could be postpartum related as well. Not sure yet. 
  • I still have about 12 pounds to loose. I try to squeeze in a few workouts a week, but life is so busy and by the time my hubby is able to watch the baby in the evening, I am so tired, I just want to shower and get in bed. 
That wraps up our 3 month update.

Thanks for visiting.

Rita




3 comments:

  1. Just shower and get into bed. You will shed the pounds naturally if you eat well and get some you time..i.e. SLEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a doll! Enjoy every moment!
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww he is so charming!
    Have a good recovery...
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete