March Birchbox 2014



I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 4-5 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You then get to try out the products and review them on birchbox.com. For each review you get 10 points. Every 100 points equals $10 you can use in the shop. So if you review your 5 samples each month, thats $5 going back to you to use in the shop. So technically each box costs $5! Now, you can't beat a $5 little present for yourself, now can you? :)

With the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If I love the product, then I can go buy it :)

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box

Lets see what I got this month:


Coola Tinted Matte SPF 30 (BB cream)  (full size $36.00)


What BirchBox says: This is no ordinary SPF. COOLA suspended two skin-safe mineral sunblocks—titanium and zinc dioxide—in a moisturizing base to ensure a smooth, even application. Shea butter naturally softens skin. Age-reversing antioxidants like evening primrose extract and borage seed oil deflect free radicals, while naturally water-resistant plankton makes the formula extra-durable.

What I say: I don't wear foundation everyday, Instead I wear a little bit of concealer and powder on those days when I am just hanging around the house/walking/park/errands and so on. This stuff was great, it is the perfect color for my pale skin and is so silky smooth. It does go on matte, just as it claims to be. I set it with some powder and am good to go. I may have to purchase this for those waker days coming up because it has SPF. 


DDF Ultra Lite Oil Free Moisturizer (full size $42.00)


What BirchBox says: A mix of aloe vera, vitamins A, C, and E, and grapeseed extract hydrate for supple, glowing skin.

What I say: I like it so far, But I have only used it for 2 days. No breakouts caused by this moisturizer, which is a great thing. Not sure if it is better then the moisturizer I am currently using. But its not bad, plus the sample size is very generous!







Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion (full size $16.00)


What BirchBox says: This natural hydrator is loaded with antioxidant-rich botanicals like red tea, soy, ginkgo biloba, grape seed, and milk thistle. Naturally derived glycerin and honey provide instant moisture, with a hydrating boost from brassica plant extract. Always cruelty-free, this formula comes to you free of parabens, phthalates, petrol-derived ingredients, mineral oil, urea, DEA, TEA, and propylene glycol.

What I say: This lotion smells great and feels great on the skin, The price is right too! Certainly something I would purchase. 




English Laundry No. 7 for Her (full size $90.00)


What BirchBox says: This fruity cocktail combines hints of pear, jasmine, melon, and apricot to create a fragrance fit for the warmer months. Base notes of sandalwood, vanilla, and musk add warmth.

What I say: This Perfume is very nice, it is different then anything I have. Will keep the sample out and use it, not sure if I would splurge $90 for full size....




Ojon damage reverse Hair treatment (full size $33.00)


What BirchBox says: This luscious balm is overflowing with ojon oil from Central American rain forests. Rich in essential antioxidants and lipids, ojon oil (together with an infusion of Rouge Oleifera) restores the integrity of each hair shaft while sealing in shine. Over time, your hair will be less prone to breakage and heat damage. You’ll be glad to know that the filler-free formula doesn’t contain a single drop of water, and it’s also free of artificial preservatives, dyes, and heavy silicones

What I say: My hair really needed this treatment, Lets say I damaged my hair a lot by doing ombre. I have colored it back and am hoping to repair as much as I can instead of chopping it off. This stuff was nice and rich and my hair thanked me. I will consider purchasing it with my birch box points. 


Well that wraps up my box this month.


What did you get in your box this month? 





0 comments:

Post a Comment