Packing the Hospital Bag


I am now 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant. So exciting that we are almost there!

I can not wait to meet this little guy, see what he will look like, dress him in teeny-tiny clothes, cuddle him and rock him. We honestly can not wait. 

Both times I went into labor before, my water broke and things just went crazy after that. Intense and crazy. 
 So this time I packed my bags early. 

So lets see what I am packing.

My robe (for laboring in) since those hospital gowns have a nice big slit where everyone can see everything. 


My Pjs and slippers. 
To wear after I deliver. 


My going home outfit consists of: Knit legging/pants, nursing bra, underwear, loose knit tee, long cardigan, flats/socks. 
I am also bringing 2 nursing tanks (to wear under PJs), socks



Lanolin cream and breast pads:


I am bringing my belly band, however I am not sure If I am going to use it or not. 
I am bringing my straightener as well. After both previous deliveries it was the most wonderful thing to take a shower, wash and do my hair. 
My hospital has hair dryers, so I don't have to bring mine. 


Toiletries:


Makeup. I use this every day, So I started keeping my everyday makeup in makeup bags, so I can easily grab them on the go. 


Baby bag and boppy.
We will also grab the car seat. 


For the baby I am bringing a warm blanket, receiving blanket, hats, burp cloth, socks, gloves, pacifier:


Two going home outfits. One is 3 month, one is 0-3 months.
I think I might need to toss in a white onesie to. 


The hospital provides diapers, but I am grabbing a few disposables and wipes:


For going home, a coat and a warm hat:


I know some people bring their own towels and pillows, however I just don't want to drag everything back home. There always is more to bring home. I will just use the hospital small towels and flat pillows. 

I still have to grab my phone, camera and charger, headphones, wallet...


I already keep a tote bag in the car for the older kids:
Change of clothes, toys and snacks. 



What did you bring that I am missing? 
What did you use, and not use?


Thanks so much for visiting, 






19 comments:

  1. Wow! You know it's getting close when you're packing your bags. I didn't go to the hospital to have my child. We adopted our only child as a teen from Thailand. The challenge was not knowing when we'd leave. We had to cancel our plans, due to political protesters holding the airports hostage, only to reschedule them the next day and leave on the following day. Plus, I didn't know exactly what size she'd wear. So, I brought along mostly hand-me-downs and figured that I could buy more when we actually met her. Although our experiences may not quite be the same, I can still relate to the excitement of anticipation when you'll first get to hold your child and look into their eyes and tell them that you love them. Can't wait to hear about your exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think something that is always overlooked is supplies for dad! I think a bag of snacks and comfy clothes are a must!!!

    Amber @ www.AverieLane.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both times I went into labor, it was the middle on the night so hubby went in sweats and sweatshirt. We live only 10 mins from the hospital so he went home to shower too. Plus this time, after the delivery, I want him to check on the kids and then come back with the kids. :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah its almost time! Sometimes I just want to have a baby to get the warm blanket after birth and the nice hot shower. It feels so good afterwards! I pray all things go well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 37 weeks and 6 days, this is our first but the only thing I didn't see was some kind of pad or something for bleeding. I don't know if your hospital provides them or not. Thank you for posting everything that you packed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hospital provides huge pads and big disposable underwear as long as I stay there. I have stocked up on pads for the house when I get home.

      Delete
    2. I hated those giant pads that the hospital gives! I always felt more 'human' if I used my own, lol!

      Delete
    3. Really? I really liked them, especially for the first 2-3 days when the flow is so heavy. I don't think my normal ones would do much good. lol.

      Delete
  5. I don't know if your hospital provides them or not. Thank you for posting everything that you packed! The main problem is packing for little kids. I think a bag of snacks and comfy clothes are a must!!!. I have stocked up on pads for the house when I get home. Yes!!! So exciting !

    Regards,
    Diaper Bags

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great list! I am pinning this since I am 16 weeks pregnant with my first so I can remember when it comes time to pack! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great list! I am pinning this since I am 16 weeks pregnant with my first so I can remember when it comes time to pack! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way...where did you get your diaper bag? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an exciting time! You're so prepared. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I am pregnant with my first and i am 36 weeks and 3 days. Will definitely follow along with your list. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so close, it's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very exciting time for you , hubby and children! You have looked lovely in all of your pictures. Praying for you as you prepare for the delivery.

    ReplyDelete