Birchbox January 2014



I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 4-5 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You know how I love trying out new products? Well, with the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If I love the product, then I can go buy it :)

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box



Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Creme (full size $19.99)


What BirchBox says: Fekkai’s encapsulated shine-release complex imparts softening olive oil into each strand throughout the day. Hair looks healthy, smooth, and oh-so-shiny.
 Rub a quarter-sized amount between palms and distribute through dry or wet hair, focusing on mid-lengths to ends. 

What I say: hmm.. Not sure. I used it and haven't noticed a difference, but I also did not notice anything bad about this product. So I will keep using it and update you 




Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant concentrate Serum (full size $26.95)


What BirchBox says: 
Powerful antioxidants, such as Vitamin C, work in tandem with hyaluronic acid and other skin-repairing ingredients to protect, hydrate, and fight unwelcome lines and wrinkles. It’s 100 percent fragrance- and colarant-free, and contains anti-irritants to soothe skin and reduce inflammation. This water-based formula is for any skin type, including those with oily or combination skin.
What I say: Smell and texture is nice. Not greasy. I haven't noticed any difference in my skin form this product, but I also understand that you need to use it for a while just like any other skincare item. 


100 % Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara (full size $18.00)


What BirchBox says: 
The all-natural, organic formula separates and glosses with fruit and black tea pigments, while oat and wheat proteins condition lashes, helping them grow stronger over time. Perfect for sensitive eyes, the water-resistant formula comes in two rich colors: Black Tea, a classic true black; and Blueberry, a shimmery blue black.
What I say: I was very intrigued by this product and tired it right away. I am impressed. I had no idea a natural mascara can work and look so great. It really gives me a lot of volume. Great product!




Nail Rock (full size $7.00)


What BirchBox says: Every kit comes with two pieces: a polish for a solid foundation and a pot that houses a textured topper. Paint your nails with two coats of the coordinating nail polish. While they’re still wet, dip nails into the pot of your texture of choice and press firmly onto nails. Allow 15–20 minutes to dry.

What I say: I have yet to try this, but I do love a glitter accent nail. Not to keen on the color, but it would be fun to try out for a few days. 



Ahmad Teas (full size $7.00)


What BirchBox says: Ahmad's teas come in a variety of mouthwatering flavors, all perfectly blended with high-grade ingredients. Each order comes with two boxes for a total of 40 teabags.

What I say: I actually have some tea from this brand, It is alright, I am not a fan of fruit tea. I am more of a black tea person. I don't like getting tea in my birch box, I rather get more beauty/skincare samples. :/




Well that wraps up my box this month.
What did you get in your box this month? 








1 comments:

  1. I might just have to check this out! Sounds awesome

    ReplyDelete