37 weeks pregnancy update




Oh my Gosh!! That is one huge belly!
Every where I go, people are asking me when I am due. I don't blame them, It looks like I have a basketball in there, doesn't it? 


How far along:


37 weeks and 5 days!


 Our little boy will be here in 2 weeks!(give or take a bit.)
I am honestly so excited. I can not believe we are so close to meeting this little guy. 

Weight gain: 
35 pounds! Yeah, scary. I don't even bother getting on the scale anymore, but the doctor says that I am fine. 

Baby Growth:
Baby boy is about 19 inches long and weighs 6 1/2 pounds. 

Symptoms: 

My pelvis is feeling numb with pain and feels swollen. 

For the past 2 weeks, whenever I lay on either of my sides (during the night or for a nap) And when the baby moves his head, I get a shocking, almost electric feeling in my pelvis. I have no idea what this is, I don't remember this with my other two pregnancies. 
OB says that the baby might be pressing a nerve. 

I have also been having a lot of period like cramps and back ache, down below. 


What I miss:
I miss wearing my regular clothes. 
I think I feel like this because, it seems like I am living in my yoga pants and cardigans lately since nothing fits me anymore. 

I am running out of options, because I am not all belly. I have gained weight in my thighs, hips and legs! My black boots no longer zip up! 



New this week:
I had my OB appointment, and she checked me, I am 1.5 cm dilated and still long. 
She offered to strip my membranes to speed up labor, I declined. I want baby to stay in for another week. 

My results for the group B is negative.
My urine is dipping negative for protein, my blood pressure is great, baby's heart beat is good and I am measuring right on time. 

We discussed my VBAC decision and I signed my VBAC consent form, which she will fax to the hospital. 

What am I looking forward to:

I am also looking forward to getting my hair done. 
I want to get it done before the baby comes. 


What am I nervous about:
I am nervous that I will go into labor before my sister flies in, or if I don't go into labor until after she leaves.
Some nights, I start getting contractions and start worrying that I will go into labor. 


Maternity clothes? 
Yes, off course, but I am also wearing non maternity yoga pants, leggings with long tank tops. 

A lot of my size small maternity shirts no longer cover my belly. 


Cravings:
I still love to eat mini carrots. I go through a small bag in two days! 
I love chocolate, I enjoy a few prices a day. 
But other then that, I don't have any cravings. 


Food Aversions:
I can not think of any aversions now.

Baby Buys:

Not much baby buys, I just bought 4 more cloth diapers. 
All different brands to try out. 

They are all one size pocket diapers. 

Black/white: HERO Pocket Diaper
Yellow: Happy Heiny's
Black: Go Green
Multi color: Rumparooz




I bought the baby a giraffe wubunub:


Thats it for this week. 



Thanks so much for visiting. 

Rita


5 comments:

  1. yay, almost there! So excited for you! Ha! 35 lbs? I gained 45 lbs with my last baby, hows that for big???? But don't worry, it will melt off, after :))) I'm praying for you, for a super easy labor (after your sister gets here), and health for you and baby! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still look adorable =) Prayers that everything goes perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sick for 37 out if 41 weeks with my daughter and even though you've had your aches and pains you make me want to do it one more time :) praying for a safe and easy delivery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! You've had the baby since this post. I think blogging your pregnancy is such a great way to journal your experience and memories, even if it's not the first. And it's helpful for other moms - great for friends and family to see progress. I didn't blog my pregnancy, but read the week-by-week development books and things like that. I just came across a new book that's really awesome and even takes it up another notch called “The Wonder Within You: celebrating your baby’s journey from conception to birth” by Carey Wickersham. It’s an awesome combination of week-to-week pregnancy information, what’s going on with the baby, “Did you know?” plus health advice about what to eat, cravings, nutrition, etc, BUT also with awesome 3D/4D pictures and videos you can link or QR with your phone to and see what your baby looks like at each week stage. Even better than the typical week-to-week books, and so personal! It’s got mom stories and even a journal/note section to write your personal memories and letters to your baby. The pregnancy information is as up-to-date as it gets and it’s such a great keepsake. I want to get one for everybody I know who is expecting! I highly recommend it! TheWonderWithinYou.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually make something for myself while I am at it. Something like an english muffin, www.bestmommyblog.com

    ReplyDelete