Work Box Wednesday KINDERGARTEN #2

Welcome to another work box wednesday!


Lesson plan from Heart of Dakota:


We start with prayers, calendar time, and do the weather chart. 

Then we go on to the "bible" lesson plan of the Curriculum:

Bible story about how Jesus healed the sick, a chapter in Devotions for the Childrens hour about the Miracles of Jesus, we recite that weeks rhyme and work on memorizing the verse for that lesson plan, and we sing the song that is part of the lesson plan. 

This takes us about 20 minutes. 



Next we do spelling. 
This is NOT part of the curriculum, instead it is something I like to add. 
This is the book we use right now. I copy the pages and glue them into this spelling journal for her. 
That way I can reuse the book for my son, when he is ready for this. 



After spelling, we do geography. 
This is NOT part of the curriculum, instead it is something I like to add. 
This is the book we use. I copy the pages and put them into a binder for my daughter. 
She truly loves geography and gets so excited when she sees this binder in her work box. 




After geography, we do handwriting. 
This is NOT part of the curriculum, instead it is something I like to add. 




Then it is time for fine motor skills. This IS part of the curriculum. 


After that, we do story time. This is when my daughter usually has her snack. 
We read a chapter and then discuss what happened. 
After story time, my daughter usually takes a break and I do a load of laundry. 


After her break,  it is craft time. I found this online. 
This is NOT part of the curriculum, instead it is something I like to add. 



After craft, it is math time. 
She does two pages in the workbook and a page in the math journal. 


Last but not least it is reading time. We like to go sit on the couch or bed and read 2-4 pages. 
I love hearing her read. It is amazing how fast kids learn!




That wraps up our day. 


Thanks so much for visiting,




0 comments:

Post a Comment