Empties and Reviews


Its that time again! Time to recycle my empties and do some reviews. 
Lets see what we have:


Arcona:

At the beginning of this pregnancy, I started breaking out a lot and nothing seemed to work. I went to Nordstrom and decided to try the Arcona trial kit. I really liked it and bought some full size products. It seemed to work for a bit, then it just stopped working. It is probably my crazy hormones with this pregnancy. 

The "best" working product out of this whole set is the Tabula Rasa. You apply it to your face and it controls the breakouts. It actually kinda stings, so you know it is working. 
However, after 3 full size bottles, it just stopped working.


The verdict:

I will not repurchase these products, Even though they are natural and "good" for your skin, they are VERY expensive, and I feel for the price, they don't work as good as they should. There are other things out there that work better. 




Hair Products:

Carols daughter: Black Vanilla shampoo and Conditioner
I really like Carol's Daughter hair products, but I really didn't like this shampoo and conditioner. I felt that the shampoo did not clean my hair well and the conditioner just was not very conditioning. 
Verdit: Will not repurchase. 

I love this shampoo and conditioner, I think I have gone through 3 bottles. I don't wash my hair very often (3 times a week) I use this shampoo once a week to wash out all the gunk and hair product, It smells refreshing and makes my hair very clean. Love it!
Verdit: Will repurchase. 

Body:

Philosophy melon daiquiri body wash/bubble bath: I used this as a body wash and bubble bath for the kids. I liked it. The smell was ok. Liked the vanilla cake better. 
Verdit: Will not repurchase. 

Philosophy Vanilla birthday cake wash/bubble bath: I used this as a body wash and bubble bath for the kids. I liked it.
Verdit: Will repurchase. 

Facial products:

Ahava Dead Sea Osometer serum: I got this with my ultra rewards. I wasn't sure about it, but it was FREE. I absently LOVED it! It worked wonders on my face. The fine lines started disappearing, and my face got smoother and I stopped getting breakouts! 
Verdit: Yes, I already bought more!

Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel : I really loved this cleaner, It is gentle and left my face very clean but without drying it out. 
Verdit: Yes, I would repurchase.

Clarisonic Hydrating Gel Cleanser Sample size: I really liked this cleaner, it left my face clean but didn't dry it out. However, I liked the boscia more. 
Verdit: I will not repurchase. 

Clarins Bright Plus HP Gentle Renewing Brightening Peel: This was suggested to me by a clarions rep at the Nordstrom Counter, she said it would help with my acne scars. I really did not see any difference. I did use it up. 
Verdit: I will not repurchase. 

L'Occitane Precious Eye Balm: I have used lots of different eye creams during the past 8 years. I thought this one was nice, however I didn't "LOVE" it. 
Verdit: I will not repurchase. 

Boscia eye cream: I really liked this eye cream, I felt that it actually helped with the fine lines and dark circles. 
Verdit: Yes, I would repurchase.

Burts Bees Cleansing wipes: These are by far my favorite makeup remover wipes! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! 
Verdit: Yes, I would repurchase.


MAKEUP:

Mac Prep + Prime: I didn't even finish this, but it is time to toss it. I don't feel that I need a primer, especially with my favorite Clarins foundation. Just an extra step I don't need. 
Verdit: I will not repurchase. 

Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara: This was alright, the brush was huge and clumpy. 
Verdit: I will not repurchase. 

Model co Lash Exend:  I loved this mascara, I got it in my birch box. It never clumped and gave me beautiful lashes. My only complaint is that it is expensive. 
Verdit: Yes, I would repurchase.

Loreal Voluminous Mascara: I really liked this mascara. My only complaint is that it gets clumpy. 
Verdit: Yes, I already repurchased. 

The Balm Time balm Concealer:  I LOVE this concealer. It covers any redness or bumps easily and  lasts all day! 
Verdit: Yes, I already repurchased. 

Clarins Ever Matte Foundation: This is my absolute favorite foundation, I think this is my 3rd or 4th tube of it. It covers any redness and blemishes wonderfully and lasts for hours without getting oily. 
Verdit: Yes, I already repurchased. 

Tarte Bronzer. Park Avenue Princess: I have a tone of bronzers, but I used this one up in a breeze. I love the color and it blends nicely. 
Verdit: Yes, I would repurchase.

Lancome Mattifying Silky pressed powder: I really did not like this powder, it left my face cakey and did not do anything to mattify my face. I started to keep it in my purse to touch up my face during the day, however I dropped it and it broke. 
Verdit: NO,  I will not repurchase. 


Thanks for visiting, 







2 comments:

  1. I went and bought the Clarins Ever Matte Foundation over lunch based on your comments. I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your product reviews and look forward to them! I've also always been on the hunt for a great eyecream, until I got a sample from Nordstromof Shiseido 'Future Solution LX' Eye & Lip Contour Regenerating Cream. Two days later, I bought the full size and have never looked back. So happy with it! I only use on my eyes, because it's quite expensive. Worth it though!

    ReplyDelete