Birchbox December 2013


I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 4-5 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You know how I love trying out new products? Well, with the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If I love the product, then I can go buy it :)

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box



Number 4 Non-Aerosol Hairspray (full size $30)


What BirchBox says: Styling resins provide flexible hold and shine while humidity resistance technology reduces frizz, even on the hottest summer days. Heliogenol protects colored and untreated hair against free radical damage. All Number 4 products are vegan and free of gluten, sulfates, and parabens.

What I say: Not a fan! for $30, you would think you get some magic hairspray. LOL.
The smell is too strong, even though it dries, I don't like the wet feeling when it goes on since it is non aerosol. 


BeeKind™ Body Lotion (full size $15)

What BirchBox says: This fast-absorbing formula comes to you free of parabens, phthalates, petrol-derived ingredients, mineral oil, urea, DEA, TEA, and propylene glycol, but chock full of proven hydrators like honey, organic chamomile, and Brassica plant extract. In place of petrochemicals, there’s good old-fashioned soybean and cottonseed oil for an added moisture boost.

What I say: This is a lovely lotion. The smell is great and it absorbs quickly. Plus its good to know it is made with good ingredients. I actually really like, it made my chapped hands feel so much better. I can see myself buying the full size!



Secret Agent Beauty Secret Lip Affair Nourishing & Plumping Lip Gloss (full size $18)

What BirchBox says: The glosses are also packed with sacha inchi oil, which is rich in omega-3, -6, and -9 fatty acids as well as vitamin A, and vitamin E; the fatty acids prevent dehydration of fragile lip cells, thus making lips appear fuller. Lastly, peppermint oil extract and menthol—all-natural muscle relaxants—provide a tingling sensation that plumps lips further.

What I say:  I am not a fan of plumping lip glosses, however this one is actually not bad. I can see myself using it. It doesn't "burn" my lips, infact it is a pleasant peppermint feeling. Does it plump? I guess it kinda does. Maybe it would be more "plumper" if I used more? I don't know. 


Eslor Skincare System 


What BirchBox says:This Soothing Refiner and Cleanser utilizes botanical extracts to gently cleanse and purify without stripping skin of the essential lipids necessary to maintain hydration. The non-abrasiveReplenishing Scrub sloughs off dead skin cells that clog pores as it stimulates production of new, healthy skin and hydrates for radiant results. The creamy Comforting Mask both tones and detoxifies, gently eliminating complexion-dulling impurities to improve oxygenation and hydration. The Soothing Cream’s regenerative, calming formula offers intensive nourishment, neutralizes skin tone, and reduces inflammation and irritation.
What I say: I actually have not tried this yet, so I will count on all the positive reviews online.  It is the perfect size for travel. I think I may throw this into my hospital bag. 



Emily's Chocolates Chocolate Covered Fortune Cookies (full size $5)

What BirchBox says:Each box contains six individually wrapped cookies. Choose from Love, milk chocolate dipped cookies featuring romantic messages; Friendship, dark chocolate dipped cookies packed with affectionate fortunes; and Truth or Dare, fortune cookies covered in creamy milk chocolate with cheeky messages inside.
What I say: YUM! I love fortune cookies, but fortune cookies covered in chocolate are even better! Wish I could have a whole box. 




Well that wraps up my box this month. I have to admit that I am not that excited this month.  What did you get in your box this month? 





1 comments:

  1. I actually really liked my box this month--I got the same lip gloss and I'm really loving it, along with a DELICIOUS smelling hand lotion (Tocca grapefruit-cucumber) and a cute hair tie. It's my favorite from the past few months!

    ReplyDelete