35 weeks pregnancy update





How far along:


36 weeks and 6 days!


 Our little boy will be here in 4 weeks!(give or take a bit.)

 I think we are almost ready for this little guy: clothes and cloth diapers are washed and put away, crib, car seat, stroller, baby rocker is ready. I also started throwing things together for my hospital bag.

Weight gain: 
32 pounds! 

Baby Growth:
Baby boy is about 18 inches long and weighs 5.25 pounds. 

Symptoms: 

Pelvic pain is pretty bad, but not as bad as it was a few days ago. It still hurts to walk, get out of bed, stand up and change sides in bed. However, a few days ago it was so bad, that I would cry. 

I also feel the babys head in the pelvis, and I feel and hear a grinding sound when he moves. 

I am waddling all the time because I feel that my pelvis is going to break and it hurts to walk. 

I have also been so TIRED lately. I can not imagine getting through the day without a nap. I feel shaky and if I don't lay down, I feel like I will collapse. But I am a mom of 2 little kids. I homeschool, and take care of them all day.


What I miss:
I miss having energy. I don't feel like myself. I feel tired when I wake up, tired all day long, tired even after a nap and tired at night. And when I force myself to clean or organize something, I feel like a truck hit me. I am so sore and i can barely walk. 

A few days ago, I went to the mall while hubby watched the kids, needless to say I felt horrible after 2 hours of shopping. I came home and took a bath and all my pains seemed to melt away, as soon as I got out of the tub, I felt heavy and hurt all over. 

I can see why so many people like to labor in the tub, It is like magic. The water makes you feel to much better. 




****I do have a question, is it ok to labor in the tub after your water breaks? My water broke twice in the last two pregnancies in the beginning of each labor. It wouldn't cause an infection or anything, would it?


New this week:
I had my OB appointment today, she did a Group B test.
Urine is dipping negative, baby is measuring on time, blood pressure is good and baby's heart beat is good. So I am happy to say, that all is good. 

What am I looking forward to:
I am looking forward to my sister coming! We bought her tickets to come and stay with us to help out and watch my kidos while I have this baby. Hoping I don't go into labor before she gets here. It is a bit hard to estimate when I will go into labor. 


What am I nervous about:
I am nervous that I will go into labor before my sister flies in, or if I don't go into labor until after she leaves. She will stay here for 2 weeks, hopefully during that time I will have this little boy. 


Maternity clothes? 
Yes, off course, but I am also wearing non maternity yoga pants, leggings with long tank tops. I love these from h and m I have 4 of them in different colors, and I wear them almost very day with a long cardigan or under tops. They fit better then most of my maternity t shirts/tanks, they actually cover my belly and are still long. 





Cravings:
I still love to eat mini carrots, cauliflower and crushed ice. 

For dinner, my favorite thing to eat is pasta or soup and bread. That is where my weight gain is coming from.


Food Aversions:
I can not think of any aversions now, I had a cheeseburger a few days ago, I couldn't finish it, but I also was not repulsed by it. 

Baby Buys:

We will be cloth diapering, but I bought one pack of diapers for the first 2-3 days, just to make sure the baby has pooped all of the meconium out. 


I bought some bibs:




These Aden and Anaise wash cloths I will use as burp cloths to wipe away spit up and such 
and a pack of washcloths for bath time. 



Another pacifier clip:


I finished my sewing and put away my sewing stuff! Wahoo!!

I made these little hats:


2 bandana bibs:


And two pairs of size 9 months baby leggings/pants:


Thanks so much for visiting. 




6 comments:

  1. Ah, I remember how tired I was during those last weeks! I also had that pelvic pain and grinding feel; its just the body preparing for birth. As for laboring in the tub, you can, but it depends what hospital rules you may have to follow. I remember with my 3rd birth, they wouldn't let me stay in the tub to birth my baby, since I had a previous c section. This is the time to take it easy Rita! You are so busy all the time! You'll be even more busy after baby is born! Now is the time to IGNORE the list, and kick your feet up, and read a book, or draw, be lazy, etc. Believe me, the list will never end, and you can always tackle that list a few months after baby is born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aksana. I really don't remember this feeling in the pelvis with my first two. The last month I had a lot of heartburn and feet swelling. But back then I worked and sat in a chair for 8+ hours. So it was a different situation. I am not that person who can ignore my list, lol. I feel like I have to stick to a schedule and get things done. House needs to be cleaned on Wednesdays, grocery shopping needs to be done on Thursdays..... But as far as the big stuff, I think I am done. just going to take it easy and stay home and relax as much as I can now.

      Delete
  2. ohh I feel your pain, literally! I'm a week ahead of you and I am sooo ready to meet my little guy. This is also my 3rd baby and the pelvic pain seems to get worse with each child!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewauna, Thank you for your comment. I know, I don't remember this much pelvic pain before with my first two, but it is nice to know that I will soon get to hold my precious little baby and we will have another son.

      Delete
  3. Hi Rita, I love reading your posts! I was wondering where you got your pattern for the hats and leggings from? I need to do some more sewing for my baby nephew and yours come up so nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rita, I love reading your posts.
    I was wondering where you got the hat and leggings patterns from? I need to do some more sewing for my baby nephew and yours come up so nicely!

    ReplyDelete