33 Weeks Pregnancy Update



How far along:
33 weeks and 4 days! 


Weight gain: 
28 pounds!

Baby Growth:

This week, baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. 

Symptoms: 

Really uncomfortable most of the time.

Pelvic, back and hip pain this week. I actually think I feel the babies head in the pelvis! 

Still no stretch marks and the belly button is in. 

I can not get enough sleep. I am so tired all the time. 

2 weeks ago I had a growth scan to see how big the baby is, because doctor is concerned that the baby will be big. 
At 31 weeks, the baby was *estimated* to be 4.75 pounds! (90th percentile) The ultrasound tech said that the baby has a big head. 



What I miss:

I miss sleeping on my stomach. I hate sleeping on my side! I end up waking up with a numb ear and hand/arm. Plus I have to completely wake up, use the bathroom, and then switch sides and move my pillow between my knees. 

What am I nervous about:

I am nervous that the baby will be very big and I won't be able to deliver or If I do deliver I will tear big time!!! (I had a 3 degree tear with my daughter and it was SO PAINFULL*** It took about 3 months to recover!!)

I am also nervous that I won't find anyone to watch my kids when I go into labor (my family lives out of state)  2 of my sweet friends offered to watch my kids during the day, but I don't know what I would do if I went into labor at night. These two friends have their own little kids. (both of the first two labors started with my water breaking in the middle of the night!)

What am I looking forward to:
I am looking forward to my doctor apt this week, and I am just looking forward to have this baby. I am not a very happy pregnant person, because I feel that I am running on zero energy and still have two other kids to homeschool, take care of, cook and do chores around the house. 

Maternity clothes? 
Although some clothes (like the maxi dress in the picture is not maternity and fits great!)The majority of the clothes I wear are maternity. 

Cravings:
I have not had any strong cravings of anything in particular. But,I still love eating baby carrots and now I can not get enough ice! Yep, I am eating crushed ice out of a glass with a spoon. I read online that if you crave ice, it usually means that you are anemic. Well I guess they are right, I am slightly anemic and am taking iron supplements. 


Food Aversions:
I don't really have any aversions right now. But given the choice, I will still not eat steak or anything very "meaty". 

Gender: 
 BOY!

Baby Buys:
No baby buys this week. But I ordered some nursing tanks/bras for myself on cyber monday. H&M had 40% off online plus free shipping and Asos was 30% off. And nursing bras almost never go on sale!

I have also been picking up a few things for my hospital bag like new pajamas, slippers....



Thanks so much for visiting. 





3 comments:

  1. I'm also a bit worried about getting people to watch my kids in labor--I have a lot of options, but everyone is so busy! What some of my friends have done is have their friend's husband come and sleep over at their house with the kids until the kids woke up, and then that friend or another one will take them to wherever they're spending the day. I'm sure it will all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray about your worries, Rita! I was also worried about having my homebirth, and kids, and who would look after them, and all. But it worked out perfectly! I went into labor as soon as I put the kids to bed, and didn't need anyone to come watch them! Baby was born at 1am. What a great surprise when the kiddos woke up in the morning and saw that they had a baby brother! I'm glad I didn't 'know' that my baby would be big, or else i'd probably be very nervous about giving birth, too. Trust that your body knows what to do. Remember that anxiety will make your labor more harder, and works against your body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray about your worries, Rita! I was also worried about having my homebirth, and kids, and who would look after them, and all. But it worked out perfectly! I went into labor as soon as I put the kids to bed, and didn't need anyone to come watch them! Baby was born at 1am. What a great surprise when the kiddos woke up in the morning and saw that they had a baby brother! I'm glad I didn't 'know' that my baby would be big, or else i'd probably be very nervous about giving birth, too. Trust that your body knows what to do. Remember that anxiety will make your labor more harder, and works against your body.

    ReplyDelete