Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies



Our favorite little noodle place opened near us, and they have the best soft and chewy snicker doodle cookies there. The kids and I have been obsessed with them. 
So the last time we were there, my daughter asked if we can make these cookies, I figured why not!

Now the kids prefer these to sugar cookies! 

These are super easy and oh so yummy! 

The recipe is from here

Ingredients:

1 cup butter (softened) 

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 large eggs

2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon



Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 350°F.


2. Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.


3. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.


4. Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.



5. Mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.


6. Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.


7. Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.


Place on  ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.


Remove from pan and transfer to a cooling rack.

Enjoy!






5 comments:

  1. These look excellent. I need to go eat dinner, so I can then go make these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love love snickerdoodles. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! def. putting on my holiday baking list :) http://www.handmadeintheheartland.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly perfect snickerdoodles. My husband said they were the best I ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly perfect snickerdoodles. My husband said they were the best I have ever made. I cant wait to make them again and might have to triple the recipe. Because they sure dont last in my house.

    ReplyDelete