Birchbox November 2013




I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 4-5 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You know how I love trying out new products? Well, with the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If I love the product, then I can go buy it :)

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box




Chella Highlighter Pencil  (full size $18.00)


What BirchBox says: This brightening formula visibly lifts and opens up the eyes when used on brow bones, water lines, or inner corners, and contours the face by drawing light to the high plains of the face (like the bridge of your nose, cheekbones, and Cupid’s bow). It also helps you create a flawless finish with precise coverage of dark spots, acne scars, and blemishes, and creates clean lines around your lips when you’re rocking a bold lip color.

What I say: I use a highlighter whenever I "take the time" to do my makeup. So I am very excited to try this, this is my first "pencil highlighter", I only have powders and liquids. 
 Such a great sample size!


Color Club Harlem Lights Collection (color: Baldwin Blues) (full size: $8.00)

What BirchBox says:  Like all of Color Club’s polishes, each of these hues gives you longwearing, salon-quality nail color in just a few brushstrokes. 

What I say: I really like color club nail polish. However, I am not quite sure about this color. I have never worn blue nail polish. 



What BirchBox says: The ultra gentle formula (free of sulfates, parabens, and sodium chloride) relies on apple stem cell technology to strengthen hair and encourage growth, and boasts a blend of 10 botanical extracts designed to extend the life of your color.

What I say: This shampoo is exactly everything I look for in a shampoo: no parabens or sulfates and it is color friendly. I am going to save this for my "hospital bag" since I need a shampoo sample. 



What BirchBox says: 
The ultragentle formula (free of sulfates, parabens, and sodium chloride) relies on keratin to strengthen hair, apple stem cell technology to combat hair aging, and a blend of 10 botanical extracts to prevent environmental damage that leads to dull, faded color.

What I say: I have not tried this yet, I will save it for the hospital. 


Chocolate Covered Pretzels (full size (pack of 5): $35.00)

What BirchBox says: This monumental set contains five packs of five precious pretzel sticks, in each of these mind-blowing flavors: Chocolate Sprinkle (milk chocolate with rainbow sprinkles), White Chocolate Sprinkle (white chocolate with rainbow sprinkles), Smooth Mint (milk chocolate with some minty oomph), Toffee Crunch (milk chocolate with crunchy bits of toffee), and Toasted Coconut (milk chocolate with flakes of golden coconut).

What I say: I got the toffee crunch and it was ok. I am not a big fan of chocolate covered pretzels. 


Well that wraps up my box this month. I have to admit that I am not that excited this month. What did you get in your box this month? 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Rita,

    I am also a fellow Birchbox subscriber. We have a lot in common, would love to chat. I will be posting my unboxing pics this week also. Your box was very different than what I received. I love your site and all of the pics and crafty ideas. Where do you find the time? Let's connect. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also not thrilled with mine this month--got the same nail polish, plus two lotions, plus a lip stain that just feels dry. But I've gotten some awesome things in past months!

    ReplyDelete