That awkward blank wall.....

I think we all have that awkward blank wall where you don't know what to do with, well I have a few of those in the house. Here is one I finally tackled. I still need to go shopping for decor things, currently I just used things from around the house. 

This wall is between the living and family room.

Here is the BEFORE:


The After:






Clock is from World Market:


And right now, I will keep it decorated for fall:



 I am still looking for the right paper to put in the back, something like a blue chevron gift wrap, I keep checking Marshal's, they have such pretty gift wrap. 

Thanks so much for visiting:



10 comments:

  1. Nice job! I love that yellow bookshelf, and how you decorated it so festively! Love it!
    Nicole
    www.younglovestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! Now I wish I had a blank wall to play with! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! That little area is so alive now.
    Amy @ http://www.thegiftedgabber.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job decorating that empty wall. It's beautiful. Love the yellow cabinet.

    Ellya

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! Too funny I was going to suggest Marshalls to you and then read your comment. I found great orange and blue (heavy) gift wrap there last week. Would love for you to link up to my Friday Favorites today at http://imnotatrophywife.com
    Love the clock too and thanks for listing where you got it! laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job filling in that space - love the yellow bookcase!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you turned it into something totally different, so much colour and personality. I love the yellow bookcase too. Great job :) Yes I had one of those blank walls near my front door and I painted it with stripes and hung up some art, now I love how it looks every time I walk in the front door.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so fantastic! Love the brightness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you get the book shelf from? I have an awkward wall in my house and I think doing something like this would be great!

    Diana downoxfordstreet.com

    ReplyDelete