Pumpkin Patch 2013

It was the perfect weather this weekend for the trip to the pumpkin patch! 
I had a plan to take some cute fall pics of the kids but then I forgot to take my camera! So I had to use my cell phone camera :( Although it is not what I had in mind, I was able to record their 3rd annual trip to the pumpkin patch. 

So as far as fall pictures are concerned, I will have to wait until the leaves change colors and I will take the kids to the park for their 2013 fall pictures. 

We don't celebrate halloween, we never have when we were growing up either. We come from conservative christian families and we don't believe that we should pretend it is "fun" to celebrate witchcraft, death, deceit and fright. These are very opposing to what we teach the kids about God.

 But we do love fall and harvest time .  It is such a beautiful season. So the pumpkin patch for us is the kick of off fall. 

 I love seeing how much they have grown compared to the last two years!

2011-


2012-

2013-


They love the pony rides! Little man went all by himself this year and loved it! He kept smiling and waving to me each time he came around. 



First stop, climb the hay pile. 

My little bugs!

Riding tractors

I can  not get this kid to smile for any pictures, he always makes some kind of face. I loved this face though!

Little Em on the other way is always ready with a smile. 

They loved the donkey!

This goat was so mean! He kept trying to get to the food and stepping on the baby goat!

Look mom! I am making corn angels!

Me to, me to!

MOM!! he threw corn on me! 

Shelling the corn. 

On the hay ride

We found the perfect baby pumpkins! Planning on making Russian Tikvinki and Pumpkin bars!



Well that wraps our trip to the farm this year. Hard to believe that (if God wills) we will be coming back next year with a little brother!



Thank you so much to visiting,

Have  a great day!


5 comments:

  1. we don't celebrate halloween either but we too like the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which pumpkin patch did you go? Where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look on your son's face, riding the pony! Precious pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "We don't celebrate halloween, we never have when we were growing up either. We come from conservative christian families and we don't believe that we should pretend it is "fun" to celebrate witchcraft, death, deceit and fright. These are very opposing to what we teach the kids about God."

    Thank you for writing this. I also never celebrated Halloween as a child and don't celebrate with my children. I have given this same explanation and people look at me like I'm weird. It is nice to see that I am not the only one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to hear about not celebrating Halloween! We never do either - it's not something people should celebrate, quite honestly - it's nothing to celebrate. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete