Cinnamon Rolls



I make my cinnamon rolls from scratch, but I have a secret tool which makes it so so easy! 

I use my bread machine. I just load up the dough ingredients and forget about it. 
A few hours later I have my dough ready. I make dough in my bread machine for lots of things like Russian Piroshki, Sweet Rolls, Pizza dough etc....

This recipe is a combo of recipes I found. The dough recipe is from my bread machine cook book (Betty Crocker) and the yummy buttery glaze is from Paula Dean's Recipe.

Ingredients:

1 egg
1 cup of Water
1/4 cup of butter melted
3 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast

Measure carefully, placing all ingredients into your bread machine (the yeast goes into the yeast dispenser)

Select Dough Cycle. Start.

Do not use the delay cycle. 

Filling:

1/2 cup of melted butter
3/4 cups of white sugar
2 TB ground cinnamon
3/4 cups of raisins, walnuts or pecans (optional)

Glaze:
4 TB melted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp of hot water


When Dough is done, Roll out on a floured surface into a large rectangle.
Spread melted butter all over the dough. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon (and with nuts or raisins).

Roll up the dough and pinch the edges together to seal. Cut into 12-15 pieces. 

Coat the bottom of the pan with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar (this will give your rolls a yummy bottom!) Place cinnamon rolls close together in the pan and let rise until dough has doubled. 


Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.

While the rolls are baking, make the glaze:

Mix the melted butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Add hot water 1 tsp at a time until the glaze reaches your desired consistency. Spread over slightly cooled rolls. 

Enjoy!




 




These are perfect for breakfast!




8 comments:

  1. I've done this just once, but never thought of the idea of sprinkling sugar on the bottom of the pan. Mmm! Sounds yummy! I just may have to make these again, sometime. And thanks for the idea for the glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmmm- these look so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Рита а что такое 4 ТВ..именно ТВ. Наверное столовых ложек. Хотим сделать .сегодня..надо уточнить. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so yummy. Thanks for the recipe! I recently bought a bread machine, so I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if I don't have a bread machine do I just use a different yeast?

    ReplyDelete