Birchbox October 2013




I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 5-6 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You know how I love trying out new products? Well, with the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If I love the product, then I can go buy it :)

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box






What BirchBox says: The creamy formula provides heavy-duty coverage and instantly brightens tired-looking eyes with light-reflecting pigments. Moisturizing vitamin E and apple seed extract give the concealer its silky-smooth texture and soften fine lines.

What I say: I don't use a special under eye concealer, I actually use Time Balm.  As my concealer of choice, and that works great under eyes as well as on any redness. But I am excited to try this under eye concealer. I really enjoy everything I have gotten from Benefit. I am sure this won't be an exception. 


POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer Full size $14.00 (sample is full size product)



What BirchBox says: Non Sticky formula infused with vitamin E and jojoba oil, which provide natural moisture for soft, smooth lips.

What I say: I am not a huge lipgloss fan as I used to be, maybe because I am getting older? But Birchbox is right, this is a non sticky formula. I just wish I would have gotten a different shade,  some thing nude like the melted peach or liquid caramel. 



What BirchBox says: This creamy cleanser contains moisturizing cocoa butter, and two of nature’s best astringents: eucalyptus essential oil and rosemary. These plant oils lift dirt off the skin’s surface without disrupting the natural barrier function. The 100 percent cotton muslin cloth gently exfoliates without irritation, even for the most sensitive complexions.

What I say: I have heard so much hype over this cleanser! I am excited to try it. The price is great for a 3.3 oz cleanser. I just finished my Boscia cleanser, so this would be nice to try out. 





What BirchBox says: The clinically tested formula forms a barrier that traps existing moisture while also drawing it in from the outside. Antioxidant CoQ10 delivers protection from free radicals directly to your lips. Vitamin E, that mainstay of skin health, completes the picture for a softer, silkier pout that also appears fuller thanks to the moisture boost. Sensory bonus: This formula smells like delicious Vanilla Crème.


What I say: Honestly I would not purchase this. I use lip balm like 3 times a day, and because I use it so often and it is so close to my mouth, I rather use something more natural. Which Is why I ADORE These lip balms, I have repurchased multiple times on Birchbox. 


Well that wraps up my box this month. I have to admit that I am not that excited this month. What did you get in your box this month? 



12 comments:

  1. My box hasn't arrived yet, but I got box 49. https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb49 I'm really excited to try everything. I'm hoping there won't be too many foil packets. You got none, so I'll take that as a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the time balm concealer is from thebalm not benefit!
    XOXO,KT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have liket to get fakeup as well - alas I had no luck. And ChapStick- I was willing to try them (free product) but their base formula must be the same because it dried out my lips in half an hour just as it used to do in high school. If you want to try something awesome try the eos lip balms (most places sell them for around 3.99). Anyway, my box is here :) http://trissaia.blogspot.com/2013/10/its-another-box.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got my birch box for the first time. I'm happy with it. I'm not sure how I feel about my nail polish color but it is very fall. This is my box https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb5

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I was just thinking I would LOVE your box! I adore everything benefit. I got the lip gloss and chap stick--chap stick just seems not quite high end enough for me, and the lip gloss is a VERY bright shade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hoping to get the under eye concealer, but of course it wasn't in my box. I was kind of excited about the bright pink shade of POP lip gloss because I've been looking to branch out a little bit, but when I tried it on I found that it gave a very natural, light pink, lip- so give it a try because you may like it. I did think the tip of the gloss applicator was weird though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got my first box this month, if you want to see it take a look here; http://yayalicemay.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/birch-box.html

    Alice May xx

    ReplyDelete