27 weeks pregnant




How far along:
27 weeks and 3 days 
It's my last week of the 2nd trimester!




Baby Growth:

Baby boy is now the size of a cauliflower. 

He is weighing about 2 pounds now, and is about 14.5 inches long! 
The lungs are maturing rapidly from all the inhaling and exhaling he's been doing. Along with better lung function, the brain is becoming more sophisticated and muscles are strengthening, making for more distinct phases of movement. Babies sleeping patterns are forming, so there will be stretches where you don't notice much movement at all and other very active times of the day. 

This week also brings another big milestone, the initial stage of sight. To top of this important eye development, baby now has a full set of eye lashes to sweep away any dirt or irritants that get in the way once he greets the outside world. 




Symptoms: 

Leg cramps! I had two last week. 
One really bad one during the night, caused me to limp around for a few days. 

Uncomfortable all the time, especially when I am trying to sleep. 

I feel that I have been cranky and annoyed, especially when I get very tired in the evenings. I blame the pregnancy hormones. 

I have been exercising more now, about 4 times a week. 
I do the elliptical, weights and squats. 

Warning: TMI- discharge. I HAVE to wear a liner all the time!

I had my glucose test.
My clinic started doing a two hour test and not a one hour test now, they say it gives people a better chance of passing. 

I passed it! Which is so new, since with my 1st 2 pregnancies I always failed and had to take the 3 hour test. 

Weight gain: 

18 pounds!

Maternity clothes? 
Yes, off course. However, I 

Have you started to show yet: 
Yes, definitely! This tummy is getting big! 

cravings:
This week I have been craving cauliflower, carrots and apples, anything crunchy and fresh. 

Food Aversions:
Burgers! Cant stand the sight and smell of it!
I was okay with having a spicy chicken sandwich. So I guess I do not have meat aversion, just hamburgers.  

Gender: 
 BOY!


Baby Buys:


H&M 

Baby Gap

Old Navy

Leather moccasins from Freshly Picked

Baby mittens (amazon)

I bought the mattress and put the crib together.





Thanks for visiting







5 comments:

  1. try the magnesium for the leg cramps, they worked for me! love the baby buys, they are so very cute! cute belly, too. I miss being pregnant, hormones and all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aksana, I am taking magnesium, the full recommended amount, yet I still get leg cramps.

      Delete
  2. Such cute things for the baby boy! I love those moccasins; they are precious. Congratulations on passing your glucose test. That liquid is really gross! You had a great idea with using a straw. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!! I wish I looked that good while pregnant with #3! :)

    ReplyDelete