September 2013 Birchbox




I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 5-6 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You know how I love trying out new products? Well, with the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If I love the product, then I can go buy it :)

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box




Lets take look into this months box:





What Birchbox Says: This glossy high-end nail polish is formulated to hold up for days without chipping.
What I say: I am impressed with this nail polish. It is full size and costs $10, that pays for the whole birchbox itself.  I got the color fox hunt, which is somewhere between a orange and a red. Perfect for the toes. 




What Birchbox Says: Made of 99 percent natural ingredients, these biodegradable towelettes are free of potentially harmful ingredients like petroleum and parabens. Blueberry extracts are rich in high levels of vitamin C to even out your skin tone and defend against free radicals. Antioxidant-rich apple extracts contain mild alpha hydroxy acids to whisk away all traces of makeup and grime, while lemon peel purifies skin.
What I say: I have not used these yet, but I have heard only good things. Excited to try out. 







What Birchbox Says: The spray is derived from rice and contains obliphica (sea buckthorn berry) oil, which offers a laundry list of powerful ingredients: antioxidants, vitamins, healthy fatty acids, omegas 3, 6, and 9, and omega 7 (generally found only in fish oil). Together, they moisturize and strengthen, repair split ends, enhance shine, and restore hair’s natural balance. Plus, the spray is free of parabens and artificial colors.
What I say: This is an awesome product! It protects, nourishes, smooths and volumizes hair. I have already used it twice, I can see that the sample size will last me quite a while. I will purchase after I run out of my current heat protectant. 




What Birchbox Says: Grapefruit is rich in vitamin C and lycopene, which deliver a powerful punch of antioxidants and promote softer, smoother looking skin. The formula provides broad-spectrum protection and is free of petroleum, sodium lauryl sulfate, and parabens.
What I say: I am not a fan or CC creams or BB creams, but so I have not used this yet. But I will try it soon. 







What Birchbox Says: Korean ginseng callus culture extracts (plant stem cells), advanced SH-Decapeptide-9TM (a neuropeptide), adenosine, and other active ingredients enhance the production of collagen and elastin. The formula also boosts nutrient absorption to encourage cell density, and stimulates blood flow, which promotes cellular repair and prevents the buildup of pigment (see ya, dark circles).
What I say: I am a big believer of eye creams and eye serums. I have been using any kind of ye cream I could get my hands on for the past 8 years! This is something I am excited to use and see if it really works. 



Well that wraps up my birchbox.  I think I got an great box this month, wonderful sized samples and things that I will actually use. What did you get this month?



Thanks for visiting!

Link up your September Birchbox, I would love to see what you got!


4 comments:

  1. I'm officially jealous of what color you got in your Ruffian Nail Polish.. I got Hedge Fund. I love the color, but it's not all necessarily my cup of tea.

    You box was pretty good this month! I was so-so.. Mine included: RUFFIAN Hedge Fund, uniqONE all-in-one hair treatment, BCBG Bon Genre perfume sample, Benefit Ultra Plush Lipgloss, and lastly the soak heel foot cream.

    XXX Jordan @ http://sillysilberman.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah hedgefund isnt my kind of color either, glad i got this one. ;)

      Delete
  2. I would have loved the yes to products I use them all from face to hair. Jealous enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my first box this month! Some of the same items, but plus a Benefit lip gloss that I'm obsessed with! Love!

    ReplyDelete