Pregnancy Update- 18 weeks



I can't believe I am already 18 weeks pregnant, this pregnancy is going by so fast. I am not sure if it is because it is my third time being pregnant, or because we have been very busy. 
We had family over, started homeschool and doing some rearranging at home. 



How far along:
18 weeks



Baby Growth:
Baby is now about 5.6 inches long (the size of a sweet potato)
and weights around 6.7 ounces. 


Symptoms: 
I am feeling so much better! No more nausea. 
Feeling baby moving (very low) almost under my c section scar. The doctor had a hard time finding baby, because s/he was so low. 

It is getting uncomfortable to sleep. I am a stomach sleeper, so sleeping on my sides is hard. Plus I heard sleeping on your back is not good either. I sleep with a pillow between my legs, a pillow under my head and a pillow I hug, every time I wake up  to pee or flip sides, I have to move and rearrange all the pillows. It is so uncomfortable. I think I need a preganancy pillow. 

The doctor said that we could do a vbac. But she also said that my c section scar has bumps and puckers which she can fix if I chose to do a c section. I told her I rather have a vbac. Hopefully this time we will have a uncomplicated birth. 

Lower back hurts occasionally, but not enough to bother me 

I have started getting headaches all the time. the doctor said that I should try taking magnesium. I started taking 350mg a day, and noticed a huge relief. 

Maternity clothes? 

I went shopping for some maternity bottoms at Destination Maternity, since that is something I had trouble finding. With these bottoms, I can wear a lot of my regular tops. 




But I only wore one pair so far, since it has been hot.  So I have been living in maxi skirts and dresses.

I am trying to find some skirts (non maternity) that have elastic waists. 


Have you started to show yet: 
Yes, definitely! Although it is hard to believe that there is a 51/2 inch baby in there. 

Weight gain:
3-4 pounds, it varies each morning. 

Gender: 
unknown

Baby Buys:

None this week
Going to wait till after the ultrasound (which is scheduled at 20 weeks)







3 comments:

  1. so glad the doctor is willing to try a vbac! wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy!and more sleep too... i know it only gets worse from here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you all the best. Get plenty of rest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture!! I would love to have just one more, but I'm nearing 42 and its hard enough chasing after a three year old now! This is my favorite part of pregnancy, you're big enough that everyone can see you're pregnant, but not uncomfortable yet. I'm enjoying following along, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete