August 2013 Birchbox



I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 5-6 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You know how I love trying out new products? Well, with the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If I love the product, then I can go buy it :)

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box


Lets take look into this months box:


What Birchbox Says: Oil Free lotion hydrates oily and blemished prone skin with natural antioxidants and hyaluronic acid. 
What I say: I started using this right away. I really enjoy everything I tired from this line. Moisturizer is perfect for my skin type. Something I see myself buying after I run out. 



What Birchbox Says: Ideal for all hair types, this plush formula conquers tangles, dryness and frizz.
What I say: I really enjoyed this shampoo. I used it on 4 day old hair and it washed everything out with only one shampoo. 
I am putting this on my list once I run out of shampoo, since it is cheaper then the shampoo I use now. 






What Birchbox Says: Alcohol free towelettes that cleanse and soften with vitamin E, peppermint and aloe.
What I say: I have not tried these yet. I threw them then into my purse. I usually use baby wipes since they are always handy and inexpensive. I don't see myself spending $25.95 for some wipes. 





What Birchbox Says: A semi Matte lipstick that delivers both hydration and lasting pigment.
What I say: I Got the cherry color in the classics set. I really enjoy this lipstick, I don't think it is very hydrating though, I have to wear a gloss on top. But I can see myself wearing more of this dark red color in the fall and winter. I think $24 for 3 lipsticks is an amazing deal!






 What Birchbox Says: 4 shades out of the pallet of 88, that can be used alone or layered for a smoky look. 
What I say: I actually have not used this yet. I am scared to. I have very sensitive eyelids which get red, itchy and swollen if I use something I don't know I am allergic to. I can't even use clinique without swelling up!!
So I don't think I will be trying this, my RX has expired. 



Thanks for visiting. 





1 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! I've thought about trying it, but not sure i would end up using enough to make it worth it!

    ReplyDelete