Shared Kids Room Take #3

Well, I have been at it again. Changing and moving things, redecorating and reorganizing. 

This time I have decided to attack the kids room, again.  Hoping that the 3rd time will be a charm. 

First the kids shared room looked like this:




Then the kids room looked like this:


However, having all the toys in the room meant that the room was always messy. 

Plus, when my son took his afternoon nap, my daughter would bring out all the toys she wanted to play with into my room or the guest room, there were toys everywhere. 

 It also seems that the toys were taking over the closet and there was not much room for clothes and shoes. 

I really wished that I could have a play room and a separate bedroom.

 So I decided to make a Guest room/play room. (Another post on that later) 
I moved all the toys out and had hubby take the bunk beds apart. 

Now I have a "sleeping" bedroom, as my kids call it. And a play room. 
It sure keeps the mess contained. The kids don't play in this room, Just read and sleep. 

Plus it is a relief not to have to climb a bunk bed to change sheets every week. 

Here is the kids room now:




Striped duvet covers and sham: Pottery Barn Kids
Green polka dot sheets: Pottery Barn Teen
Boys quilt/decorative pillow: Pottery Barn Kids
Girls quilt/decorative pillow: Target
Decorative Letters: Pottery Barn Kids
Book Shelf: IKEA
Baskets: Home Goods





The best part, is that both of the kids have their own dresser, which means that the clothes are more organized. 






I am not sure how long this room is going to stay this way, we have another baby on the way, so things may change in a few months, but for now, I am happy with the results. 

Thanks for visiting, I hope you all have a great day. 





29 comments:

  1. I love it!! You did such a great job rethinking the space! I can't wait to see how you set up your guest/play room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! We don't keep many toys in our kids rooms either, sit makes it much easier for them to sleep & clean up is simple because its only ever what they bring in there from the playroom. I'm itching to do a makeover in my girls room, I'm trying to hold off until next summer before they start kindergarten. Until then I just keep pinning away ideas! Do you have another room for the baby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the polka dot wall!! So cute, did you use a stencil?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I love the white furniture - it looks so crisp and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Thanks so much for sharing! I recently moved my 5 year old girl and 7 year old boy into the same room, and have been brainstorming how to decorate to make it work for both of them. I love the matching duvet covers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! We're expecting our second in March and we've been trying to decide if we should move or have the kiddos double up once the new baby is out of his or her bassinet. Nice to see a cute shared room!

    The Adventures of Aubrey Simons
    www.aubreysimons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita it looks amazing!!! Such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet room. I seriously want to curl up with that owl pillow, he is adorable. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute room! Love the dots and the stripes on the walls, and the color is gender neutral but totally cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3rd time's a charm, Rita! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooo cute! I love it! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did such an amazing job with this room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable! The room has definitely been through some evolution over their childhood and this is a great new phase!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How creative! I love the fact that it is a gender neutral shared room, with boyish and girlish touches for each of your kiddos! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute and great ideas! Come link up at my party going on now at the Style Sisters Centerpiece Wednesday and share this post. http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/08/centerpiece-wednesday-87-and-something.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SO Awesome! I featured it today from last week's Pinworthy Projects Party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy SO MUCH eye candy!! Love the new room! You did such a fantastic job on all three but it definitely takes the cake! Thanks for sharing and linking up to Sunday FUNday! I appreciate the inspiration!

    Kristine -The Foley Fam {unedited}

    ReplyDelete
  18. this looks so much more serene to me, yet also so much more colorful. how does that happen, lol? great job in here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. so cute!! I really like how you've made it perfect for your son and daughter at the same time! You've been featured from the Tasteful Tuesday party at Nap-Time Creations! Stop by and check out all the home decor features. I'd love for you to grab a featured button or share on your favorite social media! :o) Thanks and Happy Weekend. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the content of this blog. i just simply love it.
    Buy single or double mattress

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thats a very beautiful post for kids. I also like to read about buy matchbox cars online india.

    ReplyDelete
  22. In a room sharetoday, Airbnb Head of Global Public Policy David Hantman wrote that the 2010 state law that Warren was found to have violated wasn’t meant to target Airbnb-style sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. Keep the rest of the house “room share” as the kids are going to sleep. If the TV is blaring or older kids are talking loudly, it will be hard for the younger ones to want to go to sleep. Usually keeping the house quieter or even dim while the kids are falling asleep is sufficient.

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of them are amazing.. really nice and helpful i must say... funskool toys

    ReplyDelete
  25. fisher price toys provide a entertainning and active enviroment for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow' I really like how you've made it perfect for your son and daughter at the same time!
    room share

    ReplyDelete
  27. Where did you get the bank/beds. They are beautiful and they look exactly the same. Some of the banks have bottom larger head board than top bank. Please let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Room look awesome. From where you get that owl cushion.


    Good Wishes
    Kids Bed

    ReplyDelete