Empties with Reviews


My Empties box is so full, that everything is falling out. I really should do this posts more often, but I keep putting them aside. So here it is. Reviews and then to the recycling and trash!


Did I like it? NO, this has bleach and was very difficult to apply and use. Read this post about my hair disaster. 
Will I repurchase? NO

Did I like it? NO, this was difficult to apply. 
Will I repurchase? NO

Did I like it? Yes, this is the best at home hair dye I have ever used. Easy to apply. 
Will I repurchase? Yes.





Alterna Bamboo Volume Shampoo and Conditioner

Did I like it? Kinda, it is a great shampoo.  However, the smell is very masculine. Plus I did not feel that it gave my hair any volume. I use other things for volume. 
Will I repurchase? NO, For $20 for shampoo and $20 for conditioner, I should LOVE it, but I don't, it was ok, but not good enough to repurchase. 



Did I like it? This is my favorite shampoo, It lather well, paraben and sulfate free and smells amazing. 
Will I repurchase? YES





Did I like it? No. I bought this shampoo because it is paraben and sulfate free and it is very inexpensive. However, it made my hair feel like straw, even after the conditioner. 
Will I repurchase? NO


TIGI Catwalk Root Boost (sample from Birchbox)
Did I like it? Yes. It gave me nice volume. However, I already use this spray mouse for volume which works better then this. 
Will I repurchase? NO


Did I like it? Yes. It did the job well. I did not have crispy hair after using it like some other heat protectants cause. 
Will I repurchase? Yes

Did I like it? No. I used to like this stuff, but after using other deep conditioners and plain old coconut oil to condtion my hair, this stuff all of a sudden feels yucky and smells bad. 
Will I repurchase? NO

Did I like it?  No, it is very difficult tp spread and i used the whole jar ad did not see any results. My hair naturally grows 1 inch every 2 months, I just wanted to see if it would grow faster. 
Will I repurchase? NO




Did I like it: Yes, I lost count how many of these I went through. By far the best dry shampoo I have ever tried. 
Will I repurchase? YES

Did I like it: Yes, this is my 4th can. It isn't volumizing, I just use it as a light hold finishing hairspray. 
Will I repurchase? YES

Did I like it: YES. Strong hold, doesn't leave hair sticky, I can brush it at the end of the day and the hairspray is gone. The only thing I didn't like is  the price. But this can lasted me a good 3 months (with both me and hubby using it) so it is well worth it. 
Will I repurchase? Yes, already repurchased. It is cheaper at Target ($12.99, instead of the $14.99 everywhere else)



Did I like it? NO, as you can see I am tossing it. This leaves your hair looking greasy and gross, even when I used 1-2 sprays. Terrible. 
Will I repurchase? NO

Did I like it? NO, I did not notice any difference in my hair when using this. 
Will I repurchase? NO

Did I like it? NO. WOW, this stuff is terrible. You sprinkle it in your roots and it is supposed to give you volume. Well all it does it does is make your roots a dry, sticky and dirty. I like the other items from this line. So I am sure it is not the brand, but the product. I guess I just don't like volumizing powders. 
Will I repurchase? NO

Did I like it? Yes. It is a gentle cleanser which doesnt have a strong scent. However, I don't love it. 
It didn't make a difference in my skin.
Will I repurchase?  NO

Clinique 7 Day Scrub (sample from Nordstrom)
Did I like it? NO. I keep trying Clinique products, but I never try anything I like. This scrub is alright. But I there are so many better face scrubs out there. 
Will I repurchase?  NO

Vasanti Brighten Up  (sample from Birchbox)
Did I like it? Yes, it was pleasant to use. the scrub is very fine and is supposed to brighten up your skin. I did not notice that with this sample, but this product is very highly rated, so many people love it. 
Will I Repurchase? NO. I am using another scrub which I like far better then this one. 

Did I like it? Yes, I actually used this on a loofa and washed my back with this. With the combination of this wash, glycolic acid peels and benzoyl peroxide treatment, I successfully got rid of my back acne just in time for summer. Now I just use a wash to get rid of the oil and to keep the breakouts away. 




 Can you tell I cleaned out my medicine cupboard? I could did not finish any of these, I am tossing them. 

Did I like it? NO. I know this works for many people, but this just did not work for me. Plus walking around with a pink dot on your face is not something I want to do. 
Will I repurchase? NO

Did I like it? NO. This is another sulfur product. It does not do anything for my skin. Plus it only comes in the tinted shade, which means you will have blotchy brown spots on your face.
Will I repurchase? NO

Did I like it? Kinda. It smells bad. But it also is a good mask which can really dry up any of your big painful acne. However, I don't breakout in that way anymore, So I don't need this anymore. last time I used it may have been 6-12 months ago. 
Will I repurchase? Yes, If I ever need to.

Did I like it? NO. This product claims to reduce lines, give you firmer and smoother skin. 
I did not notice any of this. But Again, I didn't finish it. I just did not like how it felt on my skin, and I think it made me break out. 
Will I repurchase? NO

Did I like it? NO. Just another salicylic acid spot cream which does not do anything for me. 
Will I repurchase? NO


Did I like It? Yes. I have gone through so many of these lip balms and I will keep purchasing them. I am an avid lip balm user, Morning, afternoon and night! I like to have something on my lips all the time to make sure then are never dry. These literally melt onto your lips upon contact and are all natural. 
Will I repurchase? YES


Did I like It? Yes. I have been using all kinds of eye cream for 9 years now. It is a very important step in my skin routine. This one is alright for the price ($18) It lasted a very long time since you only need a tiny amount, however, it did not sink into the sink right away, It took a minute or two, which is really annoying. 
Will I repurchase? NO

Did I like It?  NO.  It is just a moisturizer, It made my face feel oily. 
Will I repurchase? NO


Did I like It?  NO. I did not notice any difference in my skin after using up the entire sample size bottle. 
Will I repurchase? NO

Did I like it? YES. My all time favorite mascara. Love the brush and formula. 
Will I repurchase? YES. Already bought another one. 

Did I like it? Yes, I liked it at first, but I wanted something with more volume. So the previous mascara is a winner for me. 
Will I repurchase? No

Did I like it? NO. This stuff is horrible. It tastes bad on your lips and completely dries out y lips. Throwing it out. 
Will I repurchase? No

Did I like it? Yes, it is a nice and skinny eye liner, however it dried out very fast. After a few uses (4-5), I noticed it already got less black and dryer. 
Will I repurchase? No

Did I like it? Yes. I found my favorite foundation! So glad! The color (104) is perfect on me, Has great coverage but still feels light, keeps my skin from going oily, lasts a long time and smells amazing!
Will I repurchase? Yes, already did and another back up!

Did I like it? Yes. They worked well. However, the closure isn't very good, because towards the end, the wipes were already dried out. 
Will I repurchase? NO

Did I like it? YES! By far the best wipes I have tried. They smell like lemons and are so refreshing to take my makeup off at the end of the day. LOVE them!
Will I repurchase? Yes, already did. 



That wraps it up. Thank you all for visiting. 
Hope you all have a great day. 












3 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to try the Burt's Bees wipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto the Burt's Bees wipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great series! I'm going to try those wipes too, I think!

    ReplyDelete