June 2013 Birchbox + link up your box!






I was pleasantly surprised with my June Birch box, I actually loved everything!

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it. It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 5-6 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You know how I love trying out new products? Well, with the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If I love the product, then I can go buy it :)

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box


Now lets take a look inside:








Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser 



What Birchbox says about this product Natural lemongrass and chamomile team up with synthetic-free cosmecutical actives to thoroughly clean skin. At the same time, the alpha hydroxy acids in raw sugar gently buff away dead layers and excess oils without stripping off your skin’s natural moisture. FUll size: $32.95

What I think: WOW! This stuff not only smells amazing, but it feels amazing. It actually foams up wonderfully, not something you get from a ordinary scrub. My facial scrub costs around the same amount, I may actually change it up next time. 


Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk




What Birchbox says about this product Made with softening oat milk extracts, plus corn and rice starches, this ultra-fine powder spray leaves nary a trace of residue behind. It performs a heroic array of functions. For starters, it soaks up oil and sweat from your roots and helps revive second day hair. Next, it amps up volume and helps extend the life of blowouts. FUll size: $18.00

What I think: I use dry shampoo all the time, this stuff is great at soaking up oil, but I didn't notice any volume. Its kind expensive for a dry shampoo. Not sure if I would repurchase, I need to use it more to see.  



Laqa & Co Lil' Lip Duo




What Birchbox says about this product The smooth shea-butter complex moisturizes and coats lips with saturated, glossy color. FUll size: $16.00 for two.

What I think: I got a very pretty pink shade, which is perfect for the summer. It is super saturated, The swipe on the right (below) is just one swipe, I had to dip my finger for the lighter swipe on the left. I wouldn't wear it as saturated, I just put a few dots and blend it in with my finger. 



Color Club® Wanderlust Collection



What Birchbox says about this product Mod in Manhattan, a brilliant off-white that represents the glow of the mega-watt city at night. FUll size: $8.00 for 4 mini polishes.

What I think: This is such a lovely color, I swatched it on my pinky, that was one coat! Amazing! 



twistband Birchbox Nautical Hair Tie Collection




What Birchbox says about this product Each twistband™ is made of soft elastic that keeps braids, buns, and ponytails secured. Because they’re thicker than regular hair ties, they don’t leave crimps in hair. FUll size: $14.00 for 6.

What I think: I love twist bands, And these are by far the cutest ones I have ever seen! I like to wear my hair down, but also pull it up when I get hot or it gets in the way. WHich means I usually wear a hair tie on my hand. These hair ties don't hurt my hand and look so pretty. Going into my cart right now. 




Thanks for visiting, Link up your box, I want to see what you got!




10 comments:

  1. Those Hair Ties are so cute! I wish I had received one! What I was really wanting was the lip scrub and the nail files! I did order a couple of sparkly hair ties from the Julep Warehouse sale yesterday. Thanks for Invited me to link-up.
    http://momsgotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the dry shampoo, try spraying it, let it sit for a few minutes, then drop your head upside down and brush. I got tons of volume that lasted all day doing that with my sample! See what else I got - http://itsawonderfullifestyle.com/2013/06/11/birchbox-unboxing-june-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely ordering the hair ties too - they are too cute!

    Thanks for hosting a link up - this is a great idea for Birchboxes because there's so much variety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping to get Mod in Manhattan instead I got London Calling. Mod is so much prettier. I hope to get the dry shampoo next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for doing this link up! I loved reading everyones reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received that dry shampoo a box or two ago. I've been enjoying it, but I don't think it's any better than my go-to favorite dry shampoo (Batiste) which is a fraction of the price! I've yet to try a dry shampoo that was more than $10/bottle that did anything special to merit the price. I swear by dry shampoo though! Even on days I wash my hair, I have super oily skin and bangs, so by the end of the day my fringe could always use a little refresh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that scrub!!!! And I hope I get that dry shampoo in a future box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff! I've been hearing so much about all of the "boxes" that you can have delivered monthly. I think I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon.

    Christy
    http://www.christybphotography.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for telling me about this link up! I haven't tried my Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser but now I want to after hearing what you have to say about it. I wish the formula on my nail polish was just as nice, mine was too thick and patchy.

    ReplyDelete