Sprucing up the Front Porch....


My dream porch consists of a HUGE wrap around porch with rocking chairs, hammocks, a breakfast table and lots of room for the kids to run around. But for now, my teeny tiny porch will have to do. 

I  did some yard work in the front yard: planting new flowers, weeding and spreading new mulch. The porch needed a facelift to. I cleaned the window and door & knocked down all the cob webs. 
I got my furniture out of the shed and set it up. 

Here is the before:




The After:









I can't wait until my hydrangeas bloom this summer!




Along the side of the house I have my gladiolus and Liatris bulbs :


I put up this trellis and planted a climbing clematis on the side, to provide some privacy and shade. 





 I love having a bistro table on the porch, the kids can bike around the sidewalk and play in the driveway while we sit and have some sweet tea :)


Have you spruced up your porch yet?



19 comments:

  1. I love this Rita! It looks so pretty! Great job! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an incredible job, it is so bright and summery.

    Lisa

    Creative Raisins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pops of color and the chalkboard frame. I've got to steal that idea for my front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!! You've inspired me to get working on my porch. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely.

    Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life
    www.abrightandbeautifullife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Love all your colors! You did a great job!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is incredible, such a transformation. It gives the space so much character. Amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your porch looks lovely! Any chance you live in WA state? Looks like my old neighborhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so lovely! I would love to have a front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so pretty and inviting Rita! Fabulous job!!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks nice and love your flowers grouped in the pots! Chalkboard is adorable too! I'm your newest follower btw and hope you will stop by soon!

    Rondell♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! :) What a perfect place to read & enjoy a glass of wine! I followed you from the link party at Lamberts Lately. Also, I’d like to know what your best blog post is & invite you to come share it with me this weekend at a Showoff Blog Party I’m co-hosting! Here’s the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/my-favorite-posts-weekend-blog-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Really fabulous, I'll be featuring this on my party highlights post this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the concept of porch living. Yours definitely looks sprucy...I like your bistro table and the fun chalkboard, and I adore the idea of clematis hugging the porch and offering privacy. Haven't spruced up my front porch yet completely...but it will happen. I'll get there. My planters are ready; I just need to find chairs. (= Enjoy your sweet tea and the tot bike racing! Lynaea @ EveryDayBloom.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blog!

    I would love for you to share your favorite posts and link up at my TGIF Link Party.
    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-2.html
    The party opens Thursday night and closes on Wednesday night at midnight.

    Please, invite your friends to party too! The more the merrier!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this!! The wreath on your door is darling!!

    Julie@http://www.thevintagebarnhome.com

    ReplyDelete