Birchbox May 2013 + link up your box!



I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 5-6 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You know how I love trying out new products? Well, with the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If I love the product, then I can go buy it :)

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box



What Birchbox says about this product:  The soft wax formula goes on smooth to create clean lines or can be smudged to smoky perfection. Plus, the long-lasting liner will hold up all day and night. FUll size: $11.00

What I think: I got the color Raina, which is a smokey gray. I don't wear anything but black eye liner, I guess I am pretty boring. I did swatch it though, it is extra creamy and didn't wash off until I rubbed it. I really don't think I will wear this. 



What Birchbox says about this productThis paraben- and sulfate-free detangler seals the cuticles (the microscopic scales that compose the outermost layer of each strand of hair). It also smooths and moisturizes, thereby minimizing frizz, while safeguarding color and adding shine. Lastly, it provides protection against UV rays and heat. Happily, it accomplishes all this through a weightless, non-greasy formula that leaves behind an airy floral scent. FUll size: $21.95

What I think: I was really surprised that I loved this product. You see, I ran out of my heat protectant last week and have been using a different brand, which I have not been liking. Then this little baby shows up in the mail. It smells heavenly! 
My only problem, was that I could not get the sprayer to work. I guess I got a defected sprayer. I just poured some in my hand and rubbed it into my ends. It made my hair soft and smell so good! Best part is that it is paraben and sulfate free!



What Birchbox says about this productThe perfume opens with a burst of freshness from an intimate blend of calming citrus and a light woodsy floral, giving away to playful hints of cognac. Its middle notes—jasmine and Damascenia rose—give the fragrance a carefree, summery vibe. Finally, warm base notes of spicy woods and rich leather add a seductive finish. Plus, the vintage-inspired glass bottle adds a chic touch to any vanity. FUll size: $98.00

What I think: Wow, this stuff smells good! The bottle is so pretty, but the price is really steep! It would be a great gift, but I wouldn't buy it for myself. 




What Birchbox says about this productUnlike chemical sunscreens, which can take up to half an hour to kick into effect, this ultra-light sunblocks start working right away. The skin-balancing formula features vitamin C-rich strawberry extracts to soothe and tone lackluster skin. Age-reversing antioxidants like evening primrose, acai, and linseed oils deflect free radicals, while naturally water-resistant plankton makes the formula extra-durable. FUll size: $32.00

What I think: I really liked this sunblock, it seeped into the skin really fast and is non greasy. This sample size will last me a long time.


I am not really sure how I feel about getting a pen in my birchbox. I am  always loosing them, so it is nice to get one. But, I wish it was a beauty bonus item instead. 

This months box was small, only 4 samples. 

Show me what you got!









4 comments:

  1. I had received the Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle in my April Box. Oddly the sprayer on mine didn't work either, but I also really enjoyed the product. It's on my "maybe purchase" list when I save up more Birchbox points (I just spent a ton I had saved to get a huge bottle of Viva La Juicy for free).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received the Beauty Protector Protect Detangle in my Birchbox this month, and I was convinced the sprayer didn't work either. Once I opened the lid of the bottle and gave the product a good stir, the sprayer began to work for me (the product is pretty thick). It's not easy, but if you're persistent (stir the product and keep pumping), it should start to work. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this before! Sounds really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, i have got to tell you, my fiances mother is obsessed with these boxes of goodies!! i even love them too because the things she doesnt find interest in are given to me, which is the BEST!
    glad to have stumbled across your page!

    Chandler

    ReplyDelete