Purging My Closet (shop my closet)

I have to many clothes. I am glad I can admit it. 
I am holding on to things that don't fit right, things that are uncomfortable, or things that I really shouldn't have boughten in the first place. 

I just feel bad throwing these things away because most of them I have only worn a few times or some not at all. 

With spring here, what better time then now to purge the closet and make room for fresh new pieces. 

Here are the steps I took to let go of some things. 

Step one. 

Go through your closet and take anything out that:
- You have not worn in the last year (within the appropriate season)
-If it doesn't fit you ( I have a tendency to keep on to things that don't fit me anymore, I had two kids, my body changed, I have to accept that)
-If it has tears or rips, throw it out. (or fix it)
-Move all bigger, bulkier (coats, vests) things like coats to the coat closet or spare closet, EX: guest room, office

Step two.

-Color organize the clothes. Trust me, I have tried both color organizing and organizing my style of the item (ex: cardigan, blouses, t shirts) It is easier to see what you have and find things by color. 

-When You have color organized your closet, you can see if you have to many of the same thing: 10 white shirts, 15 black shirts. You can throw away the dingier pieces, and you will know when you go shopping that you DON'T need anymore things in that color. 

Step three.
shoes

-I would not say I am a shoe person. However I own a lot of shoes. I buy cheap shoes or shoes on sale and end up never wearing them because they hurt my feet. 
(I am a mom, and I am constantly running around after my kids. So I need shoes I can walk in for a while without damaging my feet)

Go through your shoes and ask yourself the same thing: have I worn these in the past year? If not, why not? If you don't see yourself wearing them anymore, donate them and make room for new shoes. 

I organize my shoes by type: wedges, flats, heels, boots. 


Here are some progress photos.

Before:

After:




Can you believe this is how much clothes I took out!!??



Its crazy! At least my daughter had a blast playing dress up while I organized my closet.


I feel bad throwing all these good clothes away, just because they don't fit me. I figured I could sell them. But I HATE ebay, And I don't like doing garage sales. 

So I found Thread flip. 

Here is my account:


Take a look, if you see anything you like, I can do a bundle deal for more then 2 items. 
Don't be shy, give me a offer and If I accept, I  will send you a paypal invoice, once you pay I will ship the package out. 


Thread flip charge $7 for shipping per item. Its crazy! 


I hope this inspires you to clean out your closet and get ready for the warmer months. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day. 



15 comments:

  1. Hey Rita !
    Do I spy beautiful coral pillows on your bed ? Haha, the ones you "talked" me about ! You must feel relieved to let all those unused clothes go ! I do the same thing like once a year too, and it feels go-ood ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do :) It is a relief. I am glad to do it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Hola Rita!
    Stopping by via the Ducks 'n a Row. LOVE your blog, so full of inspiring pictures. I want me that closet!!!! Newest GFC reader #759, looking forward to sharing the love and support and learning more about your organizing/decorating tips!

    ~SimplyyMayra of
    PonderWonders @ www.simplyymayra.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job organizing! I sell most of my clothes on Facebook garage sale group for my county. It is faster and much easier than a typical garage sale, and often, 1 person will by everything. Thanks for sharing on TALU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally did a post on this also a little while ago!! I was prepping to sell my home and it was ridiculous the amount of clothing I had accumulated. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I have serious closet envy! You have so much space for your things! I turn out my wardrobe every now and again (during moments of madness...!) and the majority of the time, the things I turn out get donated to a charity shop. Did ebay a few bits earlier this year but I have a love-hate relationship with that site (love buying, love making money, hate the selling process!)

    Nice one with turning out so much from your closet! I bet it feels so good to look at all of your clothes and be able to see things better, and know that it all fits and looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I've been meaning to purge my closet for a while now. Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! you've inspired me to try cleaning my closet out, and also to check out Thread Flip!

    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I every do a my-closet-post, I'll probably start with the same lines as yours. Why is it so difficult to let go off clothes :(

    3 years back, when I was about to get married and had to move from one city to another, I asked my Mom to go through my closet and do away with the clothes she thinks I should discard. Simply because it is so difficult for me!!

    I have been meaning to do a closet clean-up but it's been almost a month and I have no success stories to share. The guidelines shared by you are great but I doubt I'll be able to do that. I start from there everytime and end with dumping everything back.

    Serious problem!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think about it as making room for new things :). Plus when you are getting dressed, and pick go through the clothes, you probably think nope- to tight, nope-to scratchy, nope-to big, nope-hate the color, nope-dont like how it looks on me.
      I spent alot of time getting dressed because I didn't like any of my clothes. Now I am learning my style and know what fits my body type. So I will keep that in mind when I shop for clothes.

      Delete
  9. Love it! It's all about making room for new clothes, right? Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Inspiring... I need to get on my closet.
    I'm visiting you today from Liz Marie. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment and Link Up, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Medicine Cabinet Makeover

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY for purging!! I SO need to do this! Love your style and pieces! Good luck with selling everything! THANKS for linkin up to Sunday FUNday!

    Kristine -The Foley Fam {unedited}

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to do this, my closet is a disaster! Thanks so much for linking up at Crafty Tuesday this week. :)

    ReplyDelete