March 2013 Birchbox


I always get so excited when I get my birchbox in the mail. 

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 5-6 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You know how I love trying out new products? Well, with the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If I love the product, then I can go buy it :)

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box



Lets get started:

Macadamia Natural Oil Full size: $39.05
What Birchbox says: Quicker then a trip to hawaii, this feather weight hair treatment woos us with a combination of lush macadamia nut and argan oils. 
What I say: I used to be scared of oils for my hair (since I get oily) however with the right oils and using the correct amount I have become a believer. I can see what the hype is all about. I use it right after I finish drying my hair. I take a drop and rub it into my palms and them apply it to my hair (avoiding my roots) it gets rid of any frizz and it is also healing for the ends. 

What Birchbox says: made with macadamia and tea tree oils, this rich treatment strengthens strands from the inside while also adding major gloss.
What I say: I tried this hair mask and liked it, however I am not convinced to buy it. I prefer the carols daughter monoi deep repair mask


What Birchbox says: Opposites attract in this gentle but seriously effective remover.
What I say: It is nice, however I love my bioderma more, I can use that on my eyes and face to remove all makeup. 

What Birchbox says: Intense long lasting color that is smudge proof.
What I say: This is a long lasting lipstick, the color is very bright and I don't fully apply it, I just apply a light wash and it still lasts a few hours. glad to see they have more neutral colors. 

What birchbox says: Layers of lotus flowers, peach and lychee, its free of parabens, sulfates and synthetics.
What I say: This stuff smells so good!! the sample has a little roller ball and is easy to apply. I can see myself buying the full size bottle. 

Beauty extra:

This was a nice extra (especially since my son snapped my old one in half) I love the pattern on it


Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day



2 comments:

  1. Ooh. I want to get Birch Boxes. I might have to check them out. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on all the products :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i keep hearing about this birch box but didn't really get what it was. i'm guessing they don't ship to australia though :(

    ReplyDelete