Blueberry Lemon Scones




At our house, we have to have some baked goods for breakfast, otherwise my husband doesn't know what to eat in the morning. He's not one to make himself anything in the morning,  So I make sure there is always something he can grab on the go.

I haven't made scones in a while (mostly because I haven't found a good recipe) Well it all changed when I found Tyler Florence's recipe on food network. With a few changes (I don't thing I can ever leave a recipe alone, lol) I have made the best scones I have ever tasted. 

These scones are amazing fresh out of the oven. But are just as good the next day (warmed up in the microwave) 




Ingredients


Blueberry Scones:


2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut in chunks
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing the scones ( I used milk)


Lemon Glaze:


1 lemon zested and freshly squeezed 
1 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon unsalted butter






Directions:


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.


Add flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and butter into a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles course crumbs.

Transfer flour mixture into a stand mixture. 

Add heavy cream (or in my case milk)

Mix in the mixer until combined. Add the blueberries and fold in. 

Press dough out on a lightly floured and form into a circle (like this:)


  
Cut into wedges (like this)




Place the scones on an ungreased cookie sheet and brush the tops with a little heavy cream (milk)




Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until beautiful and brown. (Take this time to make the glaze) 


In a small saucepan, Mix the lemon juice with the confectioners' until dissolved.

Whisk in the butter and lemon zest.  Drizzle the glaze over the top of the scones. Let it set a minute before serving





Enjoy!






Hope you all have a wonderful day!




4 comments:

  1. I could just eat one of those, they look super yummy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this flavor combination, and I even have blueberries in the freezer right now. These might be happening this week...thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my...this looks so yummy ! I love scones! I am going to pin it !
    Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.curiositaellya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love scones but rarely make them ... I'll have to try this recipe! The glaze looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete